Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)
Posted: Dec 30, 2017 at 8:55 Quote
A work in progress

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 15:06 Quote
'08 Enduro SL. Bought it new in '09 and have owned it ever since, put 4,500 miles on her and has held up to everything I've thrown at her.

I'm looking at purchasing a used Enduro Evo though, my brother recently purchased a 2015 Enduro Evo and with the 27.5" wheels along with the slightly slacker and stiffer frame, it's very encouraging. Haven't fully committed to it yet. Either that or send my suspension to Avalanche for custom tunning and service.

Posted: Jan 18, 2018 at 21:14 Quote
2018 Enduro S-Works 29er

Here's mine, almost bought a Hightower Lt, but got a deal on this I couldn't pass up. Love it, the little details like swat tools and swat box are amazing. So scary fast, made the jump from 26 to 29, and I'll never go back.

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 6:55 Quote
here’s one more - first ride out of the shop.

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 10:18 Quote
Here's mine. Currently looking to replace the rear shock as I've had nothing but trouble with the current one (monarch rtc3 from a 2017 enduro). I'm gonna buy second hand and at the moment I'm thinking I'll either buy a bike yoke and cane creek db air, or an ohlins stx22 from a 2018 enduro. Has anyone here tried either/both and able to recommend which I go for? My budget is around £300

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 6:56 Quote
specialized499 wrote:
Here's mine. Currently looking to replace the rear shock as I've had nothing but trouble with the current one (monarch rtc3 from a 2017 enduro). I'm gonna buy second hand and at the moment I'm thinking I'll either buy a bike yoke and cane creek db air, or an ohlins stx22 from a 2018 enduro. Has anyone here tried either/both and able to recommend which I go for? My budget is around £300
I'm on a 2018 Enduro with the STX22 and i love it, no problems so far - I'd check to see where the nearest service center is in your area before going the Ohlins route. I see a lot of the STX22's in buy sell for what it's worth.

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 7:47 Quote
wrote:
I'm on a 2018 Enduro with the STX22 and i love it, no problems so far - I'd check to see where the nearest service center is in your area before going the Ohlins route. I see a lot of the STX22's in buy sell for what it's worth.
There are quite a few service centers in the uk so I don't think that would be a problem. Thanks I've got my eye on a couple at the moment just need to get the money together

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 at 23:59 Quote
wrote:
specialized499 wrote:
There are quite a few service centers in the uk so I don't think that would be a problem. Thanks I've got my eye on a couple at the moment just need to get the money together
You should definitely choose DVO over Ohlins.
Unless you prefer shipping your stuff off for service and repairs (repairs may be frequent with ohlins). DVO provides everything you need. Ohlins is withholding even basic service kits.

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 at 8:12 Quote
wrote:
longlongpelaman wrote:
specialized499 wrote:
You should definitely choose DVO over Ohlins.
Unless you prefer shipping your stuff off for service and repairs (repairs may be frequent with ohlins). DVO provides everything you need. Ohlins is withholding even basic service kits.
I guess that I'm lucky with a service center a couple of miles away...

Posted: Apr 13, 2018 at 21:27 Quote
I'm back on the S train, was set on a Hightower LT but this bike is just nasty fast, up and down. S Works 29 sz LG.

Posted: Apr 16, 2018 at 8:05 Quote
evandarling wrote:
I'm back on the S train, was set on a Hightower LT but this bike is just nasty fast, up and down. S Works 29 sz LG.
Awesome! I was in the exact same position, was dead set on the Hightower LT - but went the Enduro route on price alone. Couldn't agree more, this bike is stupid fast.

Posted: Apr 20, 2018 at 16:50 Quote
My 2018 Enduro Elite 29. Basically stock except for Chromag Scarab pedals, SIP Dynamite Panther grips, and Huck Norris. So far I love it!

How is everyone dialing in the Ohlins fork?

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 at 10:40 Quote
Not with a shockwiz! Smile For me it's been trial and error using tips from the world wide cyclery writeup.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019955
Mobile Version of Website