Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)
Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 6:35 Quote
I totally f*cked it in the end anyway cos I’ve accidentally purchased a 29er (not 27.5) front triangle. The main problem with that being I’m pretty sure the eye to eye for the shocks is different.

Don’t wanna mess the guy round on eBay but I’m begging him not to send it and refund me lol, in my defence he didn’t put the wheel size in the ad but still massively stupid of me!

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 2:34 Quote
Wondering if anyone in here has ran an enduro evo (180mm) with a 200mm fork on the front?

Am I risking a snapped head tube in doing this? I know specialized stocks them with a boxer but its at 180mm

Posted: Mar 24, 2020 at 10:29 Quote
emac227 wrote:
Specialized Enduro
Looking for a rear shock upgrade, what are some good options for me? Air vs Coil?
I’m looking for one too, and I have a 2005/6 S-Works Enduro, but I think I’m going Coil Fox DHX 5.0

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 23:03 Quote
Dhx air for me.... depends what you need it for...

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 8:56 Quote
Does anyone have any paint job ideas for a 2005 S-works (silver frame) makeover. We are gonna add a Rockshox Yari, and I was thinking we should go for a modern look, but not too difficult as this is my first paint job.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 14:53 Quote
2013-2016 Enduro owners, i need your help!
I Have a 2016 Enduro SX. i want to put a different shock on it. this requires a Yoke. buying the correct yoke is proving difficult as Bikeyoke doesn't list an sx in their models.
can i get someone with a 27.5 and another with a 29, to measure shock length from eye to yoke (measure L)
photo

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 16:01 Quote
If you post this in the mechanics forum, you would probably get a faster, and possibly more accurate response. In addition, mechanics probably know of people with that bike, and would be able to measure their bikes.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 16:06 Quote
But, you can always use 99spokes, a great website with bike information. Here’s the 2016 enduro SX (29) : https://99spokes.com/bikes/specialized/2016/enduro-sx-frame. According to 99 spokes the eye to eye measurement of the shock there is 203mm and the stroke is 44.5 I hope this helps!

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 1:27 Quote
On my 2013 Enduro 29er measurement L (total length of the shock + rocker) is 29.5cm That's with a Fox Float X shock and 29er bikeyoke and an offset bushing thrown in. So it should be 29.6cm total length, cause I measured from the frame bolt to the yoke. I have the original shock+yoke lying around somewhere, but couldn't find it quickly.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 7:44 Quote
Hey guys, currently looking for a new enduro bike, and found out this 2018 specialized enduro pro carbon for sale.
The seller says is second hand and bought it directly from specialized.
I searched it on the specialized website and it app appears with different components, fox fork and shock, Shimano brakes and transmission.
Does anyone knows it came from factory like this, and also an opinion in how it rides.
I has a rider have been riding downhill bikes for the last 9 years
Thank you!

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 12:30 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
Hey guys, currently looking for a new enduro bike, and found out this 2018 specialized enduro pro carbon for sale.
I searched it on the specialized website and it app appears with different components, fox fork and shock, Shimano brakes and transmission.
Does anyone knows it came from factory like this, and also an opinion in how it rides.
Thank you!

Hey Demo7Jumper,
So after doing a bit of research, as you probably know the whole bike is kitted out with Öhlins suspension. If the bike you are looking to purchase has Fox suspension, and a Shimano drivetrain, and brakes, the seller probably switched them out, or did a custom build. Beware, because if the seller switched out the cassette, they might’ve swapped the wheel, or the hub, which could be different from the factory too. I would be happy to do more research, if you don’t mind providing a link, or PM’ing me with the link. As for if it is the right bike for you, I probably need a bit more information on what type of riding you do, and where you ride, and possibly a link, but overall, if you have been riding downhill bikes for nine years, this bike will be a big change. It would climb way faster, and would probably feel quite a bit different from the downhill bikes you are used to. If you are hitting big drops, sending huge gap jumps, and stuff like that, this bike could get you by, but I would stick to a downhill bike for that. What I’m trying to say is this bike is slightly less capable of that downhill tech, and some downhill features, but you would probably be able to sneak by. Once again, if you provide me with a link, I would be more than happy to do a bit of research, into finding what bike is the best for you! Anyway, stay safe!

I hope this helped,
Jacoby DH

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 17:18 Quote
JacobyDH wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:
Thank you!

Hey Demo7Jumper,
So after doing a bit of research, as you probably know the whole bike is kitted out with Öhlins suspension. If the bike you are looking to purchase has Fox suspension, and a Shimano drivetrain, and brakes, the seller probably switched them out, or did a custom build. Beware, because if the seller switched out the cassette, they might’ve swapped the wheel, or the hub, which could be different from the factory too. I would be happy to do more research, if you don’t mind providing a link, or PM’ing me with the link. As for if it is the right bike for you, I probably need a bit more information on what type of riding you do, and where you ride, and possibly a link, but overall, if you have been riding downhill bikes for nine years,
this bike will be a big change. It would climb way faster, and would probably feel quite a bit different from the downhill bikes you are used to. If you are hitting big drops, sending huge gap jumps, and stuff like that, this bike could get you by, but I would stick to a downhill bike for that. What I’m trying to say is this bike is slightly less capable of that downhill tech, and some downhill features, but you would probably be able to sneak by. Once again, if you provide me with a link, I would be more than happy to do a bit of research, into finding what bike is the best for you! Anyway, stay safe!

I hope this helped,
Jacoby DH
Thanks a lot for your feedback!
I live and ride in Madeira island where, ews took place last year, the enduro scene is huge, so there are more rough enduro tracks than DH tracks.
I currently ride a 2015 gambler 710 which is a plower ,but it almost impossible to pedal, and that’s why I am thinking of swapping her for the enduro.
As for the enduro it has roval carbon wheels,the seller wants 3500 euros ,I only have this image
photo

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 17:48 Quote
Just give me a sec, I am doing research, but I’ll get back to you in a sec!

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 18:14 Quote
Okay, After I’ve done some research, I have concluded the following:
1. If you want a gambler that can pedal, going for an enduro bike is the right option. You could get enough travel, and a bike that can pedal at the same time. I think that if you want to ride that tough, and rough single track that was in EWS a few years back, going for a long travel enduro bike would be the right option for you.
2. I think that the enduro that you’re looking at may be the right option, as its upgraded rear shock is as good as DH/Enduro rear (air) shocks go. I have not found any Fox/Shimano 2018 enduros, so it appears as though the seller had upgraded the bike. If the seller tells you that they haven’t, I would say skip it, because the last thing you wat in a seller is dishonesty. I would recommend you meet them in person, and try out the bike on some tech too. See what you think, because I can tell you that it is far from a gambler.
3. This bike is sick, and if it is the right bike for you, it is in good condition, it does not to be serviced, it does not have any dents, or scratches, then personally I would go for it. As a DH rider myself, I find that many enduro bikes are not as capable when it comes to jumps, and drops, but that’s just what I think.
4. If you are looking for a DH bike that can pedal though, I would go for a bike like the 2020 enduro, and trust me, it is worth the money. That thing can pedal, and has the geometry of a DH rig. Anyway, if all the stars align, I would get it, however if anything is wrong with it, being that you are in an area that is popular for enduro, and DH, there should be many more options for you to choose from. Anyway, I hope this helps, and if you need anything, I’m more than happy to help out. I like to share my knowledge, and information when it helps. If you need me to research any other bikes, or more for this one, don’t hesitate to ask. I hope this helps!

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 21:14 Quote
zonoskar wrote:
On my 2013 Enduro 29er measurement L (total length of the shock + rocker) is 29.5cm That's with a Fox Float X shock and 29er bikeyoke and an offset bushing thrown in. So it should be 29.6cm total length, cause I measured from the frame bolt to the yoke. I have the original shock+yoke lying around somewhere, but couldn't find it quickly.

Thanks that tells me exactly what i need to know. i can run a #3 bike yoke with 190x45 shock.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025384
Mobile Version of Website