I love my bike but it weighs a tonne! Help!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
I love my bike but it weighs a tonne! Help!
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 at 13:41 Quote
kris-mk wrote:
milanboez wrote:
Change forks to pikes or manitou circus when it comes out
Change seat/ post to pivetol or i-beam (you can get some stupidly light setups so look around)
Change rims to pimplite/ Rhino light/ alienation runaways
Change tyres: tabletops or Maxxis DTH are cheaper and still light
Change tubes if you run dh or heavy duty ones
Take front brake off
Change pedals to Wellgo MG1
Cranks to profile race
Stem to Funn mx, cut steerer and lose spacers

there you go! 6lb or so gone.
well done, you told him how to lighten the bike he no longer rides. Read the post above...

lol. it was in the active threads. And i thought the 'you are 2 years too late' referred to the steel frames being heavy comment

FL
Posted: Aug 11, 2010 at 13:49 Quote
If you don't have a lot of money You could get a a new chainring (DMR spin ring), a saddle seatpost combo like the one from gusset, New tires (schwable tabetops, kenda Small Block 8s, maxxis crossmarks), a new stem (spank timer, NS quark, DMR swarm).

There you go. Decent weight dropped and performance increase for about £100.

If you don't quite have enough money you could leave the stem. Good Luck!

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 at 8:02 Quote
i cut my bars and seatpost down and removed my front brake, you could also look for a lighter fork on buy/sell or ebay for cheap Salute

*EDIT also a pivotal seat or the Gusset integral are very light alternatives to the rail seat you're running now Smile

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 at 9:09 Quote
willshiels wrote:
Best thing to do is change your inner tubes to Continental super sonics (100g), change tyres to 2.5 folding Bontrager Big Earl (720g), Change your rims to Bontrager King earls (29mm wide), Change to a Hope Stem and Easton EA70 bars. That will save you tones of rotational weight and cut around a kilo off your current set-up.

i tried easton bars, its not good, if u stack on them mine twisted and now there bowed so i advise against it

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 at 9:30 Quote
Jesus its a dead end leave it be.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008428
Mobile Version of Website