Scratchmere Scar the official thread !!!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Scratchmere Scar the official thread !!!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
Well I guess as people are starting to talk and ride at Scratch that we might as well have a proper thread dedicated to it. Well the score so far is as follows this weekend saw the first of many uplift weekends and to be fair it went fairly well we had some issues with the uplift which i am fixing this week and will be also trying to get the uplift track sorted as it was quite bumpy in places hopefully it will be ready by this weekend. Also under construction this week is a pump track which will hopefully be up and running soon and we will be marking out a new DH course this friday. I am keen to get a trail building club started up at scratch there will be a membership just to cover tools and insurance but there will be benefits to joining but first of all I would like to here from anyone willing to be a committee member let me know if you are!!

finialy just like to say thanks to all that turned up over the weekend wether you rode or took pictures or did some spade work also look out for the promo vid coming soon.

Clive

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 13:28 Quote
Yeaaah the uplift on sunday was awesome! got bout 25 runs in for a tenner. Course was also good but the SUPERNATURAL was abit too sketchy for a HT! Cant wait for some jumps to go in there and the pump track/s should be done a week on sat. Great that so many people turned up on first weekend it was a amazing day- except my falls, about 8 of them!

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
Hey Guys
I was riding there on saturday, the place is awesome, the downhill tracks are excellent the uplift system is awesome and very reasonably priced. There is going to be a huge amount of development there so its well worth a visit.
gaz

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 23:36 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/17424/ this is a video one of the lads did on the Sunday have to say a big thanks to Charlie for putting it together.

Clive

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
awesome video charlie well done! i like the 2nd bail lol
nice music transition to a aussie band haha
lol
uplift weekend cant wait!

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 13:04 Quote
i think we are coming thru on sunday!!

Posted: Apr 18, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
There's been a few improvements on the trails this week especially on the old skool the course initially remains the same but with slight changes to the lines making it more ride-able as there were a couple of sections that let it down. As far as the uplift service goes the trailers have been sorted but the track still remains bumpy unfortunately it might have to remain like this until work on the farm quietens down "there be lambing and calfing ta see to yet" but after this busy period we will get it sorted. The pump track is underway and taking shape nicely good work guys!!. As I said earlier this week that we would be marking out a new DH course so we were on with that today big thanks to the fire brigade for their help today as well.
Clive

oh yea before I go the new DH course has a ROAD GAP and I can't wait to see that nailed !!!

Posted: Apr 18, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
sounds good clive, nice work!
what about a duel slalom aswell, i rode one at Hamsterley, it was awesome, so much fun!
we will hopefully be thru this sunda but not 100% certain as of yet!

Posted: Apr 18, 2008 at 14:16 Quote
Big Grin road gap sounds gooooood!! any ideas how big its goin to be? is the new course much different to the first one?

Posted: Apr 18, 2008 at 14:47 Quote
funny enough we were talking about a dual slalom tonight and i have an ideal place for it as for the road gap about 12ft or 3.5 meters in new moneyWink would be good to see ya there if you can make it Mat

Clive

ps its not like any of the others more jumps and berms than you can shake a set of bombers at !!

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 11:43 Quote
Is there an uplift on this weekend and is it a weekly thing?

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
kiddy wrote:
Is there an uplift on this weekend and is it a weekly thing?

Yup, every weekend! Big Grin

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
Hey guys if anyones free throughout the week could do with a hand on the digging scene
cheers Clive

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 13:20 Quote
upliftdriver wrote:
Hey guys if anyones free throughout the week could do with a hand on the digging scene
cheers Clive

Me and alber will be up tomorrow night to bugger you senseless in your caravan! Big Grin Robin

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014010
Mobile Version of Website