Post your beastly DH bikes!

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
Post your beastly DH bikes!
Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 8:01 Quote
Here is my latest rig. Just got her built up last week! (It's the 7 Point, not the Bullit)

photo

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 8:05 Quote
r-888rydr wrote:
Here is my latest rig. Just got her built up last week! (It's the 7 Point, not the Bullit)

photo

looks sick, a 66 would look badass

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 8:09 Quote
sfrider wrote:
r-888rydr wrote:

photo

looks sick, a 66 would look badass

Thanks! Yeah, I'm planning on getting a new fork sooner or later. Either a Totem or 66 probably. I just love my 888, it's so smooth and bullet proof!

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 8:22 Quote
yeah i have an 08, i wish i had an older 07 when they were still made in itally, i hear there even better than the new ones

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 8:27 Quote
sfrider wrote:
yeah i have an 08, i wish i had an older 07 when they were still made in itally, i hear there even better than the new ones

Yup, mine is '05 888 RC. It's super plush, perfectly smooth, stiff as all hell, and I have never once had any problems with it. Then I got an '08 55 TST2, nothing but problems! It's been rebuilt 3 times now, and it's still not right. What a disappointment. I've heard that the 2010 stuff is drastic improvement though...

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 8:38 Quote
r-888rydr wrote:
sfrider wrote:

Yup, mine is '05 888 RC. It's super plush, perfectly smooth, stiff as all hell, and I have never once had any problems with it. Then I got an '08 55 TST2, nothing but problems! It's been rebuilt 3 times now, and it's still not right. What a disappointment. I've heard that the 2010 stuff is drastic improvement though...

i havent had any problems with my rc3, i raced it for one season no problems, ill probably just change the oil and stuff, i hope they make there stuff lighter, in my opinion that all they really need to do drasticly.

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 9:54 Quote
update of my intense:
photo
photo
photo
33lbs 10oz

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 19:27 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:
update of my intense:
photo
photo
photo
33lbs 10oz

This is a killer bike. Must be awesome on the flatter kind of trails.
Here in the north east of the US, the trails are paved with gnar rock gardens so we do need 7"+ of travel...

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 7:59 Quote
purple stanchions?

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 8:07 Quote
oceen246 wrote:
dabomb666 wrote:
update of my intense:
photo
photo
photo
33lbs 10oz

Here in the north east of the US, the trails are paved with gnar rock gardens so we do need 7"+ of travel...

What!? You do know what the SS on that bike stands for right? I think it'll be fine in the "gnar rock gardens"...

dabomb666, that is a freakin' sweet bike!

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 8:09 Quote
r-888rydr wrote:
oceen246 wrote:
dabomb666 wrote:
update of my intense:
photo
photo
photo
33lbs 10oz

What!? You do know what the SS on that bike stands for right? I think it'll be fine in the "gnar rock gardens"...

thank you.
it handles anything ive thrown at it. keeps up with the big boys in the Alps on wc tracks etc.
never felt i needed more travel in the rear, and an air conversion up front allows me to adjust the spring rate to the trail to make it plusher or stiffer.
awesome bike

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 9:34 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:
r-888rydr wrote:
oceen246 wrote:

thank you.
it handles anything ive thrown at it. keeps up with the big boys in the Alps on wc tracks etc.
never felt i needed more travel in the rear, and an air conversion up front allows me to adjust the spring rate to the trail to make it plusher or stiffer.
awesome bike

Yeah, I believe it! I've talked to a few people at Whistler and they always say it's the perfect park bike. Hence the name, Slope Style... Haha!

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 at 9:49 Quote
yeah, it is an awesome allrounder.
cant say a bad thing about it, apart from bearing life and a bit of flex in the rear, but thats easily sorted with a 10 or 12mm through axle (i dont find it noticable so ive never bothered converting)
in hindsight i dont think my bike does belong in this thread as its hardly beastly!
haha
33.10lbs is pretty light!
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024016
Mobile Version of Website