Thread in disguise.com

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Thread in disguise.com
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 6:51 Quote
For any Montreal riders out there. There will be a open public forum tonight April 16th from 7:00pm-9:00pm. This forum is set to be an open discussion on the future or DH trails on Mount Royal. As some of you may know an organization known as Friends of the Mountain is taking an initiative to stop the creation of shit trails and feature that are not only dangerous but also of poor construction and a waste of time. I'm talking about shit caveman style drops and jumps made from sticks and stones so crappy that a Gypsy hooker wouldn't even walk over. Up for discussion will be possible locations for regulated and properly built trails. As well as the detrimental effects of unregulated construction/riding on the forest vegetation.

Get the location information here (english)http://www.lemontroyal.qc.ca/en_saviezvousque-detail.html and in french here http://www.lemontroyal.qc.ca/saviezvousque-detail.html

Mountain Equipment Co-op and some other investors have contributed $250k to this project so you know "something" will happen. Lets just hope this "something" wont be the closure of the only trail worth riding within our city.

http://www.lemontroyal.qc.ca/en_lesdossiers/35.html

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 7:08 Quote
I'm bumping this cause im an a*shole

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 7:11 Quote
why what? why bump? cause people need to see this today.. its happening tonight. sry

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 7:31 Quote
Still bumping, still an as*hole.

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
Last bump, come one come all.

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
Clearly no one cares.

wtv, I went and I got interviewed on Global TV for last night's newscast and I might be in the Montreal Mirror next week. w00t

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 7:25 Quote
lol yay global, but its funny how no one said anything about this or talked about it here, sad actually

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 7:40 Quote
Yeah I know, whatever I'll still go up this weekend to see how things are looking. That area of the mountain (northwest face) gets very little direct sunlight so there could still be 2 feet of f*cking snow. Cry

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 7:56 Quote
The mountain is still covered in snow.Madder

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 8:01 Quote
Yeah thats what I figured. The meeting last night was located just below the trail right beside the Edouard MP metro station. From what I could see things didnt look too promising. Thumbs Down

On the bright side... its getting warmer. tup

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
yeah we will head up with your ninja shovel incase lol

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 15:45 Quote
yay finnaly something that could be good im so tired of these cheapo drops we need a real dh trail. to bad i cant come Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 15:50 Quote
is the friend of the mountain will post where the trail will be builded (if there going to have some)

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
250k? thats a lot. This seems awesome we need this badly.Our trails have so much potential.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.173340
Mobile Version of Website