Sunday Expert for freeride?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sunday Expert for freeride?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 15:18 Quote
Im about to buy this bike regardless of the answers here since it will be used mostly for DH anyways but i might as well ask.

i know that the Sunday Team is not too great for freeride (fork too plush and not a freeride fork) and it has more of a racing type rear shock. I think that im gonna get the Sunday Expert and it comes with a marzocchi 888 and rocco r rear shock. these seem to be more freestyle oriented, so my question is, how much better will the Sunday expert be for freeride than the sunday team?

freeride for me isnt 30 foot drops: its stuff you would find at highland bike park (some jumps, a few drops, etc)...

before you say "well your gonna find all that in a DH course so of course it will be able to handle it," thats NOT what i am asking. im asking how much (if any) this bike will perform better on stuff like this than the Team.

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
Only marginally better cuz of the 888. The other components are only beefier but that doesn't make them better. What makes the difference between FR and DH bikes are the geometries, and the geometries of the two bikes are exactly the same.

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
chatua wrote:
Only marginally better cuz of the 888. The other components are only beefier but that doesn't make them better. What makes the difference between FR and DH bikes are the geometries, and the geometries of the two bikes are exactly the same.

ok thats what i was expecting to here. just wanted to double check because people on here bash the boxxer so hard for freeride haha. well i should be picking the bike up tuesday Smile ill post pics

Posted: Apr 16, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
where u getting your sunday??

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009937
Mobile Version of Website