this is not art! this is torture

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
this is not art! this is torture
Posted: May 7, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
To me I see no point in killing this dog... Make a film about people starving if you want to get attention and raise awareness...

-shrug- I honestly don't care what happened to the dog. If it was in my town, I would maybe find some way to untie it, but since the only thing I could feasibly do is bitch about it on some forum, I'd rather not waste my time on it at all. That's about what it boils down to. Same with people getting massacred in Zambia or something, yes, it sucks for them, but unless you can actually do something to help them, you might as well just not waste time thinking about it. That's why I don't watch the news anymore, every damn day it's "Ohhh these people lost their houses in a tornado!" or "Ohhh 13 kids killed in a school bus accident!".

I may be selfish but I'd rather take care of MYSELF and those I care about.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
If he protesting human hunger then he should tie himself up, and go on a hunger strike.

Not taking some animal who is helpless to the cause and kill it.

We are also not torturing the cow we eat, we are not starving them to death, we are not making them go through agony just to prove a point.

If this occurred anywhere respectable he would be facing some serious animal cruelty crimes.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 19:19 Quote
heres the question, if he made a movie, or if he went on a hunger strike, would you still have heard about it?

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
nope, but he wouldn't be committing a crime that equals prison time in Canada.

Just because he wants his voice to be heard doesn't mean that he can kill helpless animals. Trust me I am not some green peace, animal loving idiot, but torturing animals because you can is wrong.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
bonfire wrote:
nope, but he wouldn't be committing a crime that equals prison time in Canada.

Just because he wants his voice to be heard doesn't mean that he can kill helpless animals. Trust me I am not some green peace, animal loving idiot, but torturing animals because you can is wrong.

he probably saved more lives than he took doing this...

besides, have you ever killed a bug? same concept only his was for good.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
I bet he didn't save a single life because of this at all.

Not the same concept as killing a bug at all.

When you kill a bug you just kill it. They are also an animal that has no sense of reality.

By drawing an animals death out over several days, and having spectators come in and watch is a horrible heinous thing to do.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
bonfire wrote:
I bet he didn't save a single life because of this at all.

Not the same concept as killing a bug at all.

When you kill a bug you just kill it. They are also an animal that has no sense of reality.

By drawing an animals death out over several days, and having spectators come in and watch is a horrible heinous thing to do.

how would you know he didnt save a life. im sure that there are some people out there besides me that actually saw the point, and decided to adopt a child (with foster parents plan, or christian childrens fund etc.) and could save a life.

and how would you know that bugs dont have a sense of reality? without bugs we would all be dead today...

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:02 Quote
Scientists did a study on it, same with most jellyfish.

Prove to me that someone became foster parents directly because of this.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
bonfire wrote:
Scientists did a study on it, same with most jellyfish.

Prove to me that someone became foster parents directly because of this.

millions of people heard about this. you dont think 1 person became a foster parent because of this.....wow do you have a lack of faith in the world...

btw scientists also found that everything was made of 4 elements, earth, water, fire, and air.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
whatever you are just some 15 year old, who is just playing devils advocate, who really knows nothing about the world.

Show me one bit of proof that someone directly helped the cause.

BTW what have you done in light of this incident? Have you saved a life?

If not you are just promoting hypocrisy.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
bonfire wrote:
whatever you are just some 15 year old, who is just playing devils advocate, who really knows nothing about the world.

Show me one bit of proof that someone directly helped the cause.

BTW what have you done in light of this incident? Have you saved a life?

If not you are just promoting hypocrisy.

my family already has adpoted a child. my mom volunteers at homeless shelters, and every now and then i come along. so i think i already do my part thank you...

oh, and i dont feel the need to prove that someone has helped someone. i have enough faith in this world being a good place to trust that someone has.

besides your only 17... not much older than I am. not even old enough to vote...

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
True, but I have been to Africa, I have witnessed what is happening there first hand. I have witnessed many other atrocities, I have had my hotel bombed, I have been heli-vac from a hotel during a gun fight on the streets below during some riot in Jakarta. It is always great to sit in your chair here in Canada and be an arm-chair quarterback. You can go work at the shelter all you want but that isn't helping this Africa case at all is it? Go help feed the homeless, and make yourself feel better, it is good for the soul. But once you leave the wing of your parents and actually see what is going on in the world today and properly educate yourself on the issue then come and talk about how making an animal go through a drawn out session of agony eventually ending in death is a good thing. How about, I water board you? Or perhaps I stick a needles underneath your fingernails and hit them with a hammer and let you bleed out. That sounds like a great way to get some publicity.

Blah Blah Blah you mom does this and that, and you do it because you are forced to do it.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
bonfire wrote:
True, but I have been to Africa, I have witnessed what is happening there first hand. I have witnessed many other atrocities, I have had my hotel bombed, I have been heli-vac from a hotel during a gun fight on the streets below during some riot in Jakarta. It is always great to sit in your chair here in Canada and be an arm-chair quarterback. You can go work at the shelter all you want but that isn't helping this Africa case at all is it? Go help feed the homeless, and make yourself feel better, it is good for the soul. But once you leave the wing of your parents and actually see what is going on in the world today and properly educate yourself on the issue then come and talk about how making an animal go through a drawn out session of agony eventually ending in death is a good thing. How about, I water board you? Or perhaps I stick a needles underneath your fingernails and hit them with a hammer and let you bleed out. That sounds like a great way to get some publicity.

Blah Blah Blah you mom does this and that, and you do it because you are forced to do it.

no. if my mom forced me i would go everytime she went. i dont. i go every once in a while, under my own free will. btw, helping at a homeless shelter can save a life. its not just good for me, its good for others too.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:38 Quote
I am sure many people have adopted children in Africa, but I doubt none directly related to the fact that his asshat killed a dog.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:41 Quote
I love how everyone gets all upset when someone purposly starves a dog but none says anything when there are 3,287 abortions done each day to people who have never even seen the light of day.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.128777
Mobile Version of Website