this is not art! this is torture

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
this is not art! this is torture
Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:41 Quote
bigquotesproperly educate yourself on the issue

btw, i have educated myself on this issue. more than you obviously, because i looked this up myself quite a few posts ago, and have been waiting to pull this lol. the whole thing was an overblown hoax. at night, they fed the dog, they also released it after they were done. go look it up. just google "artist starves dog hoax"...

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:42 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
I love how everyone gets all upset when someone purposly starves a dog but none says anything when there are 3,287 abortions done each day to people who have never even seen the light of day.

good point.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:44 Quote
I love how everyone gets all upset when someone purposly starves a dog but none says anything when there are 3,287 abortions done each day to people who have never even seen the light of day.

Well they haven't seen the light of day, so are they really alive or human?

By the issue I was referring to the issue in Africa.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 21:59 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:

btw, i have educated myself on this issue. more than you obviously, because i looked this up myself quite a few posts ago, and have been waiting to pull this lol. the whole thing was an overblown hoax. at night, they fed the dog, they also released it after they were done. go look it up. just google "artist starves dog hoax"...

This actualy made me laugh, its funny how SO many people got mad about this, and pretty much everyone fell for it. Respect.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 22:03 Quote

It depends what you define "person" as though...

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:

This actualy made me laugh, its funny how SO many people got mad about this, and pretty much everyone fell for it. Respect.

lol, they were just trying to show how people are such sheep sometimes....but my points still stand.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 22:30 Quote
gibson19 wrote:

Well I am going to define a person as age 50 and over, so we can go ahead and kill everyone that is under the age of 50 because they aren't really a person. Right?

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 22:42 Quote
I think having organs and a conscience mind would classify one as a human..

What about sperm... when I flush those down the toilet... am I killing innocent creatures??

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
Only an emotionally-driven moron would dispute the necessity of abortion. If it's illegal, you'll be causing more deaths and more pain than you'd be preventing, as desperate women will have dodgy backstreet abortions, causing far more damage than safe, legal abortions. If you don't believe me, go and look up the case in several Latin American countries, where women undergo HORRIFIC measures to try and terminate pregnancies - drinking turpentine, operations without anaesthetic, the list goes on.

Abortions are never a good thing, they are an unfortunate necessity and a fundamental right for a person to have.

Back to topic?

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Only an emotionally-driven moron would dispute the necessity of abortion. If it's illegal, you'll be causing more deaths and more pain than you'd be preventing, as desperate women will have dodgy backstreet abortions, causing far more damage than safe, legal abortions. If you don't believe me, go and look up the case in several Latin American countries, where women undergo HORRIFIC measures to try and terminate pregnancies - drinking turpentine, operations without anaesthetic, the list goes on.

Abortions are never a good thing, they are an unfortunate necessity and a fundamental right for a person to have.

Back to topic?

I'm not saying abortions should be illeagal, I just think people should have other options and be stongly discouraged from just using abortion as a birth contol. Maybe there should be a law where people can only have one abortion in their lives.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
gibson19 wrote:

that's bullshit. Technicalities don't change the fact the murder is still murder. What if I said the some group of people (ex. Jews) weren't really "people" as I define the word? Would it be alright to kill them? Okay, but what if I got a bunch of other "people" to agree with me on my definition of the word "people"? Would it be okay then? (btw people, the correct answer is "no").

To address the main debate of this thread, the ends Never justify the means, if the means are wrong. It doesn't matter how many starving orphans or pets get adopted, it doesn't justify the cruel and needless killing of an animal. You want to make a point about starving people? Go take some photos and hand out some f*!?ing pamphlets.

Also, other points, such as whether you eat meat, are stupid also. There are standards (in 1st world nations) for the ethical and humane treatment and culling of livestock. When regulating authorities (SPCA, etc.) identify any instances of animal cruelty, there are huge fines involved, and possibly prison sentences, for those responsible. So I can eat meat with a clean conscience, because the animal was never treated badly, and was killed in the quickest and least painful manner. Starvation is a long, cruel, ugly way to go out.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
stever wrote:
gibson19 wrote:

that's bullshit. Technicalities don't change the fact the murder is still murder. What if I said the some group of people (ex. Jews) weren't really "people" as I define the word? Would it be alright to kill them? Okay, but what if I got a bunch of other "people" to agree with me on my definition of the word "people"? Would it be okay then? (btw people, the correct answer is "no").

To address the main debate of this thread, the ends Never justify the means, if the means are wrong. It doesn't matter how many starving orphans or pets get adopted, it doesn't justify the cruel and needless killing of an animal. You want to make a point about starving people? Go take some photos and hand out some f*!?ing pamphlets.

Also, other points, such as whether you eat meat, are stupid also. There are standards (in 1st world nations) for the ethical and humane treatment and culling of livestock. When regulating authorities (SPCA, etc.) identify any instances of animal cruelty, there are huge fines involved, and possibly prison sentences, for those responsible. So I can eat meat with a clean conscience, because the animal was never treated badly, and was killed in the quickest and least painful manner. Starvation is a long, cruel, ugly way to go out.

I totaly agree with you, except for the fact that the dog didn't die, so it was a good thing.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
stever wrote:
gibson19 wrote:

For the record I do think that abortion is wrong because they are humans... I was just playing the devils advocate for those people who think abortion is acceptable

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 15:22 Quote
This "artist" and anyone that is even semi-defending him, should be hung from a meathook. I just came across this and find it to be ridiculous. Not only is it not art, its animal cruelty which is illegal in the US. Anyone that would begin to percieve this as "art" or a "statement" should please meet me in a dark back alley at 2 in the morning. I will show them what art is all about.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.047877
Mobile Version of Website