Light, strong, cheap, wheels for agressive all mountain

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Light, strong, cheap, wheels for agressive all mountain
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 10:49 Quote
jonlake wrote:
revolutions or azonic outlaws are cheap, and will be more then fine... they also come in white if your a whore.
they are heavy 2500 grams plus

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 10:50 Quote
poozank wrote:
jonlake wrote:
revolutions or azonic outlaws are cheap, and will be more then fine... they also come in white if your a whore.

like its been said you can't ahve all three.

the WTB lazerdisc might be an option or any of the WTB wheels there fairly cheap.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 10:51 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
mkitsis2 wrote:
just get some rhyno lites and u should be fine

good choice...
how much do they weigh

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 10:51 Quote
jonlake wrote:
poozank wrote:
jonlake wrote:

like its been said you can't ahve all three.

the WTB lazerdisc might be an option or any of the WTB wheels there fairly cheap.
well crossrides are cheap strong( straight pull) and look decent

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 10:53 Quote
my bad. i thought that was how you created a thread. sorry.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
I have a pair of crossrides. They are not very strong. They are an overweight XC wheel at best. Personally I'd go with the Transitions.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 11:10 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
I have a pair of crossrides. They are not very strong. They are an overweight XC wheel at best. Personally I'd go with the Transitions.
even thogh they are heavier?

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
You're still asking for the impossible. You want light and cheap but you still want an AM wheel that will take rocky terrain, small drops, some jumps, and resort riding. That would qualify them as strong. Since cheap in mandatory I say man up and take strong so it's not more expensive in the long run. The 32 Revolutions are around 2100g. If you go ghetto tubeless thats pretty damn light.

Yes the crossrides are weak. I wouldn't trust them further then I could throw them. Hell I probably couldn't throw them very far cause they are kind of heavy. Straight pull spokes does not = strong. Would you run Crossmax SLRs or I9 Ultralights for AM/light FR? I didn't think so.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
keep in mind im a 100 pounds

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
haha no that is a joke

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 11:21 Quote
15 in high school

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 11:22 Quote
Get the Transitions unless you're a wimp. If you're a normal 15 year old male there will be times when you push your luck more than you originally intended. Opt for stronger and go tubeless.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 11:25 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
Get the Transitions unless you're a wimp. If you're a normal 15 year old male there will be times when you push your luck more than you originally intended. Opt for stronger and go tubeless.
thats what my dad said i will take ur advise

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012059
Mobile Version of Website