Beacon hill ride plans

PB Forum :: USA - West
Beacon hill ride plans
Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
shawndogger wrote:
ya I wanna do it, but Im not sure if I should. last sunday was the first time I have been to beacon. I didnt even do all the stuff, so I dunno if I would be ready.

dude just do it. race the beginner class.
I have never raced before and I am skipping the beginner class.
Its not about winning but having fun.
And you will be able to practice the coarse that Saturday and Sunday.
The race coarse is really tame.. for the most part and looking at your pics, you should be able to ride the coarse fine.

alright well that makes me feel better. its just I went up there sunday and saw all the stuff and was like wow its bigger in person than in the pics. what is the hardest part about the course? the step up is intimidating as hell.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:25 Quote
Man I've been looking at some of your guys' photos from beacon and it looks awesome! I somehow missed all of the cool parts. How do you get to some of the stuff with jumps and drops? Can you shuttle it?

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:29 Quote
shawndogger wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
shawndogger wrote:
ya I wanna do it, but Im not sure if I should. last sunday was the first time I have been to beacon. I didnt even do all the stuff, so I dunno if I would be ready.

The race coarse is really tame.. for the most part and looking at your pics, you should be able to ride the coarse fine.

alright well that makes me feel better. its just I went up there sunday and saw all the stuff and was like wow its bigger in person than in the pics. what is the hardest part about the course? the step up is intimidating as hell.
dude the step-up is so smooth you just pretty much roll that little drop before it and pedal and pretty much let the bike do all the work

O+
Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:29 Quote
shawndogger wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
shawndogger wrote:

the coarse is actually really easy if you ride it more than once. And I know the top 2/3s of the coarse but then they choose a different last 1/3 every year, but I know what their choices are, and I ride all of them.
The hardest part is either a berm to double jump with a quick landing and then a drop that is at the top, or the rock rollers that are before the rock step up, but I would probably have to say the rock section at the bottom of the coarse. (those rocks still have skin from off my knee :rollSmile

but I am guessing you are talking about this step up
photo
and this one is SOOOOOO easy, once you hit it you will think your a *ag for thinking it was so hard. its crazy easy.tup

O+
Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
ridethedale11 wrote:
Man I've been looking at some of your guys' photos from beacon and it looks awesome! I somehow missed all of the cool parts. How do you get to some of the stuff with jumps and drops? Can you shuttle it?

go up from the bolder beach parking lot and then take the road up and you will see all the stunts, and sadly it cant be shuttled.

O+
Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
dapimp wrote:
shawndogger wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

dude the step-up is so smooth you just pretty much roll that little drop before it and pedal and pretty much let the bike do all the work

Agreedtup

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
Thanks swan. Do you have a map to get to the boulder beach parking lot? I only know how to get to the golf course entrance...

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
"Sadly it cant be shuttled" thats good. if you cant ride up, walk. if it got a shuttle people would get lazy.
swan3609 wrote:
ridethedale11 wrote:

go up from the bolder beach parking lot and then take the road up and you will see all the stunts, and sadly it cant be shuttled.

O+
Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:47 Quote
ridethedale11 wrote:
Thanks swan. Do you have a map to get to the boulder beach parking lot? I only know how to get to the golf course entrance...

way to lazy to get a map but here are the directions coming from the east on the freeway (thats the direction I come from)
get off on Argone street (exit 287) take a right on argone so that you are heading north, go north across the bridge for maybe 2 miles until you hit Upriver drive, take a left on Up river drive so you are heading east, got for maybe 2 miles and you will see a parking lot on the left that you park in and from there, unload and cross the street(make sure to look both ways:P) and you are there,

O+
Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:48 Quote
cconnor wrote:
"Sadly it cant be shuttled" thats good. if you cant ride up, walk. if it got a shuttle people would get lazy.
swan3609 wrote:
ridethedale11 wrote:

very true but even me the die hard XC runner thinks that the road up Beacon is B!tch to climb

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:51 Quote
my dad does it. i make fun of him and ask if he is gonna ride up and walk down
swan3609 wrote:
cconnor wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

very true but even me the die hard XC runner thinks that the road up Beacon is B!tch to climb

O+
Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
cconnor wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
cconnor wrote:

haha props to the old man, but he isnt pushing a 43 lbs bike is he? and My dad almost rode that road to the top on his XC bike. I was almost impressed. lol

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:58 Quote
true. he rides in lycra shortsWhip and on an old xc ike
swan3609 wrote:
cconnor wrote:
swan3609 wrote:

haha props to the old man, but he isnt pushing a 43 lbs bike is he? and My dad almost rode that road to the top on his XC bike. I was almost impressed. lol

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 22:39 Quote
Everyone who needs to get to beacon!!!!just go past the golf course entrance till you see another parking lot with a little dirt lot inset on the left side of the road if you are coming from the westside (spokane) then you just walk up the trail and everything else is pretty much self explanitory

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 22:47 Quote
lol i pride myself on my assholability but yeah the bike is ordered,matry's is prime, bike is fixed with a new chainguide coming tomorrow and i will be set dude

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019409
Mobile Version of Website