Any vegan riders?

| Next Page
Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 3:04 Quote
m-a-c-k wrote:
No matter how you choose to feed your body, it should make you feel good, and it should be a personal choice.

Do it for your own reasons, and live and let live.

There is nothing more ironic than someone who forces animals to die telling a Vegan to "live and let live".

Let the hate rain down on me.

Posted: May 2, 2017 at 12:13 Quote
I'm a vegan rider vegan is the best way too go Smile

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 12:10 Quote
Hi guys,

I have some vegan recipes for you! Check out my adventure blog: Zesty Life It features mountain bike themed stories and recipes for athletes!

Thanks!
https://zestylife.ca/

Posted: May 3, 2017 at 13:44 Quote
Oh alright ill check them out thanks

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 12:08 Quote
Ive been making vegan oatmeal with no added sugar or powders in the morning for friends at enduros and everyone always comes back and saying theyve never felt so energized during the race... there's so much conflicting information out there but simply from a "this makes me feel great" perspective, eating as much unprocessed/plant based food as I can always makes me more alert and helps with my energy levels

Posted: Sep 29, 2017 at 21:13 Quote
I'm not vegan but I eat mostly vegetarian. Like someone said, I think it's all about balance. Eat what works best for you. Some people thrive without animal products, others don't. I grew up eating meat with nearly every meal. Over the past couple of years, I've been eating less and less and focusing on eating more whole grains and vegetables. Without even realizing it, I am now at a point where I'm vegetarian 80% of the time. I feel great, lean, and healthy, but I don't completely deprive myself of foods I enjoy.

You don't have to be a full blown vegan or vegetarian to get the same health benefits, but everyone will benefit from eating less meat and more veggies. There's a growing trend in reduced meat consumption as the mass market is realizing the benefits of eating less meat. Whether you like it or not, you're going to start seeing plant-based meats in the actual meat section of grocery stores, if you haven't already. The meat department is going to evolve in the same way the dairy department has with almond milk, soy milk, etc. placed right next to cow's milk. Just my two cents.

Posted: Nov 2, 2017 at 17:05 Quote
3 years vegan here!

Posted: Dec 25, 2017 at 19:16 Quote
Just found this forum... been vegetarian since I was a kid, strongly considering making a transition to a fully plant-based diet. What are some of your go-to vegan meals? I'd love to know what this terrible chef could do!

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 at 21:27 Quote
SG-Mtn wrote:
Just found this forum... been vegetarian since I was a kid, strongly considering making a transition to a fully plant-based diet. What are some of your go-to vegan meals? I'd love to know what this terrible chef could do!

lentils, black beens, quinoa are my go to - plus the odd Good Morning brand stuff.

It depends how good you are in the kitchen, I grew up in a west indian/Caribbean household so for me it was easy dropping meat.

Posted: Feb 16, 2018 at 8:57 Quote
Vegan for 9 months now and feel great!

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 at 11:55 Quote
vegan here too. tho not so much about the plant based clothes stuff. anyways has anyone tried torre washingtons bodybuilding guide?

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 12:08 Quote
Becoming a vegeterian/vegan is a big missed steak.

Posted: Oct 30, 2018 at 13:58 Quote
Ibchilllin wrote:
Becoming a vegeterian/vegan is a big missed steak.

haha, i came to this forum to say something alike!

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 at 12:38 Quote
57y vegan german uci masters dh racer :-)

http://www.uli-ellwart.de/news2018.html

cheers
Uli

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 16:18 Quote
Been vegetarian now for a couple weeks. I ate meat the other night but otherwise it seems to be going well and it hasn't been very difficult!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018622
Mobile Version of Website