Any vegan riders?

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
aniyn wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
I'm lucky to have meat once a week. That's why I'm 6'1" 130 lbs, no protein...
Call your mom a nut, and send her to a dietitian.
I do, she's absolutely insane. Everyone thinks so

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 21:22 Quote
on the topic I'm as close to a Carnavoire as you can get, steak FTW. and thanks DM

O+
Posted: May 7, 2008 at 6:43 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
aniyn wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
Call your mom a nut, and send her to a dietitian.
I do, she's absolutely insane. Everyone thinks so

Wow, at those dimensions, you're likely eligible for World Vision sponsorship!

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 7:01 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:

Time to break out the beans, lentils and peanut butter.

Protein article

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
llessurretneprac wrote:
abcolby15 wrote:
im a vagitarian

Already been said, not really all that funny.

Seeing as you are 13 you probably don't get any.

Contribute next time.

and we'd like to welcome DavidMakalaster2! AS IF WE NEED ANOTHER ONE

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
So let me get this straight. You have no legit reason for being a vegetarian except that it makes you happy?

Tough questions here. Be honest and I'll let you have you go on similar questions for me if you'd like.

What are the staples of your diet? Do you drink coffee? If so what kind? Do you take any prescription drug? What brands (don't care what drugs just the brands)? What brands of clothing are you wearing right now? What kind of computer are you on?

I'm a vegetarian because I see it as a healthy lifestyle choice. I am happy with this choice and I enjoy eating what I eat.

For staples I'm presuming you want to know how I get protein and fibre. For protein I eat nuts, eggs, soy products. As for fibre anything in the legume family does me well. As far as drugs I do not take any. Right now I have on wranglers jeans and a plain black t shirt. The computer I am on is made by MDG.

I don't see how any of that is relevant, but if it makes you happy who am I to argue.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
But that is all irrelevant because this is a thread for vegetarians. NOT a discussion thread on ethics of vegetarianism and the lifestyles commonly associated with them by ignorant, ill informed people. For anyone who feels it necessary to continue debating make a thread in the Social/Political Issues forum. This is not the place for it.

O+
Posted: May 7, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
But that is all irrelevant because this is a thread for vegetarians. NOT a discussion thread on ethics of vegetarianism and the lifestyles commonly associated with them by ignorant, ill informed people. For anyone who feels it necessary to continue debating make a thread in the Social/Political Issues forum. This is not the place for it.

Pinkbike is not the place for ignorant, ill informed people!? I'm not sure which site you've been visiting. Ha

Anyway, I have a question for the vegetarian individuals, particularly those that actually care about nutrition more than throwing bricks at riot police (my last stereotype...sorry), what's the cheapest form of non-meat protein? I used to eat a lot of tofu but it doesn't have a very high protein density and I don't have very good access to cooking facilities.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
devonvig wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:

Pinkbike is not the place for ignorant, ill informed people!? I'm not sure which site you've been visiting. Ha

Anyway, I have a question for the vegetarian individuals, particularly those that actually care about nutrition more than throwing bricks at riot police (my last stereotype...sorry), what's the cheapest form of non-meat protein? I used to eat a lot of tofu but it doesn't have a very high protein density and I don't have very good access to cooking facilities.

You're good with any soy products or nuts, but nuts can be fattening depending on the type. Just substitute your milk with chocolate soy milk. Tons of protein, and lots of other good vitamins. Arguably healthier then chocolate milk. Make sure you get a good one though, some of them are nasty tasting. Silk brand is my personal favorite.

O+
Posted: May 7, 2008 at 19:47 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:
devonvig wrote:
blackpantherparty wrote:

You're good with any soy products or nuts, but nuts can be fattening depending on the type. Just substitute your milk with chocolate soy milk. Tons of protein, and lots of other good vitamins. Arguably healthier then chocolate milk. Make sure you get a good one though, some of them are nasty tasting. Silk brand is my personal favorite.

That's my problem though. Silk is great tasting but it's sooo pricy. I'm kind of a financially-motivated part-time vegetarian in that I don't consciously avoid meat or have anything against it but am too cheap to buy it in significant quantities. I hear that sunflower seeds are high in protein too and they're a fairly cheap option. I'm not too concerned about calories or fat content, so long as it's not saturated. In fact, my perfect food would be cheap, protein rich, and packed with calories...suppose I could just start drinking canola oil mixed with whey. That would fit the bill. Do you eat whey?

EDIT: So what's the verdict on saturated fat in nuts anyway? There's a lot of mixed messages.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
If you eat too much seeds or peanuts you will probably end up constipated...

Protein mix? Never given it a try, apparently its gloopy, but it's fairly cheap. You know, the stuff like iso-mix or what not for body builders. I can't think of much else that has protein in it.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
I think it's trans fats that you have to watch out for more. Saturated fats can be burnt off, just not as easily as regular fat.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:

Protein mix? Never given it a try, apparently its gloopy, but it's fairly cheap. You know, the stuff like iso-mix or what not for body builders. I can't think of much else that has protein in it.

drink lots of milk...

O+
Posted: May 7, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
blackpantherparty wrote:

Haha. So that's the cause! Protein just seems to be the most expensive of the three calorie types I guess. I guess that I'll just have to choose between perpetual scrawniness and actually spending money on food.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 5:33 Quote
No matter how you choose to feed your body, it should make you feel good, and it should be a personal choice.

Do it for your own reasons, and live and let live.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.038645
Mobile Version of Website