creatine

• Previous Page
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 9:56 Quote
anybody use it? i was thinking about trying it out, anyone with experience?

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 10:25 Quote
isnt that the tar they use in railroad ties so they dont rot over the years?

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 10:42 Quote
It's used more for muscle recovery than anything else, I used to take it after workouts to augment my protien shakes. If you are looking to use it for improved riding, it will make very little difference unless you are already fully gung-ho into a regimented diet and exercise routine, and even then, the overall benefit will not be noticeable.

Save your money and just eat right.

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 15:54 Quote
ive used it, it works well, but its not reccommended for people under 16 so as long as your over that its fine. and uhh, man are we still playing bike or what? lol

Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 10:47 Quote
redbullit wrote:
ive used it, it works well, but its not reccommended for people under 16 so as long as your over that its fine. and uhh, man are we still playing bike or what? lol

haha i tried to find the topic, but cant see it?

Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 21:31 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=222&pagenum=1#commentid22970

there you go. Smile

and are you trying creatin?

Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 2:17 Quote
Creatine is used to pull tons of water into ur cells to put ur body into an "Anabolic" state. Basically slightly helps in recovery and gives you some ATP. Basically short term energy. In terms of biking id say don't use it. Probably slow u down more then anything... esspecially considering the 15+ pounds of water weight u'll gain. And it's not something u want to ever consider unless ur drinking around 1 gallon of water a day.

If you need energy just take caffeine.

But if ur just Bulking in general take..
-Multi Vitamin
-Creatine
-Protein
-Maybe Pre-workout drink (NO shotgun, SuperPump, NO Xplode... etc)
-And eat A LOT... up ur caloric intake by like 1000~2000 a day

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 16:36 Quote
It does work for putting on more mass but I'd personally rather have protein over creatine any day.

My mates been using protein for a bit now and has got noticably bigger.

Dunno how experienced you are with training, but getting a good workout, perfect technique and eating right is vital and will improve your workout considerably. I'd concentrate on this before trying any supplements.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 20:57 Quote
IF your not playing a collegiate sport and just want to bulk up don't use- thats pointless and would probably hurt you more then help

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 21:24 Quote
You'll waste a ton of money on it and its not worth it unless your really gung ho like one of the previous guys said. You'll just gain water weight and slow you down if you dont hit the gym constantly. And when you do get off it, you'll just loose the weight you've gained.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 2:22 Quote
what other things would you guys recommend taking

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
Creatine will make muscles larger. It's use can be debatable however the easiest way I can explain it is like this: If you have more body fat than you want then workout and use creatine with a good diet, if you are really skinny and trying to bulk up all together then use creatine and protein shake with your workout and good diet or just protein supplement with your workout and good diet. This was a basic rule of thumb when I played professional baseball from our strength and conditioning coaches.

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
trurida wrote:
what other things would you guys recommend taking
The most important thing is getting your body to change from a catabolic state to an anabolic state after a workout/ride. One way of doing this is taking BCAA tablets (branched chain amino acids), and eating a good meal afterwards. Make sure you are stretching before AND after a workout/ride.

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 15:53 Quote
What brand would you be using?
Personally I have been using Celltech by muscletech for about 3-4 months. I found a canadian supplement mail order company selling it for 15 bucks a bottle opposed to 65 at the store so i loaded up (8or 9 bottles). It has worked very well for me. BUT I've found that if you don't change your routine up you can plateau. I solved this by shortening my rest periods between routines.

I would also suggest a pre workout supplement. I've got 3 containers of superpump coming in this week, so I will post a review of it up after 1 weeks worth of usage.

But bottom line that will make or break your workouts is sleep. Since summer break my bench has gone up 70 pounds in 6 weeks. pretty damn good if i saw so myself.

Some supplements you should be taking before trying creatine should include an amino acid, multi vitamin, vegetable sup, or even a mass gainer.

Right now I'm stacked with superpump pre, celltech post and mass gainer. Bench is 225, 345 deadlift. im 5"10 153

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 16:11 Quote
reignxrider wrote:
What brand would you be using?
Personally I have been using Celltech by muscletech for about 3-4 months. I found a canadian supplement mail order company selling it for 15 bucks a bottle opposed to 65 at the store so i loaded up (8or 9 bottles). It has worked very well for me. BUT I've found that if you don't change your routine up you can plateau. I solved this by shortening my rest periods between routines.

I would also suggest a pre workout supplement. I've got 3 containers of superpump coming in this week, so I will post a review of it up after 1 weeks worth of usage.

But bottom line that will make or break your workouts is sleep. Since summer break my bench has gone up 70 pounds in 6 weeks. pretty damn good if i saw so myself.

Some supplements you should be taking before trying creatine should include an amino acid, multi vitamin, vegetable sup, or even a mass gainer.

Right now I'm stacked with superpump pre, celltech post and mass gainer. Bench is 225, 345 deadlift. im 5"10 153

Good choice on the muscletech product, and good advice. Try Anabolic Halo by muscletech, it's the best that I've ever used (as a single product).

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009363
Mobile Version of Website