banshee scratch?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
banshee scratch?
| Next Page
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 2:54 Quote
[Quoten]no.
yes.
end thread. [/Quoten]

Lol, you know this thread is two years old, right? He probably chose by now.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 3:40 Quote
jakebrick wrote:
[Quoten]no.
yes.
end thread. [/Quoten]

Lol, you know this thread is two years old, right? He probably chose by now.

hahahaha i know. just trying to get the point out

Posted: Oct 26, 2009 at 8:02 Quote
Hey sorry to revive this thread. But i just bought a Banshee scratch frame(essentially a Brand-X Scratch). I needa know what mount do they run on the rear. Is it IS Mount?

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
yes 51mm is pretty much what all newer rigs run in the back im looking at gettng one and have done alot of research into it.check the website and mtbr.com go into the review section and buy a banshee get a 10mm bolt up hub (cant run a disc and 14mm hub together)and enjoy the gnar

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 6:33 Quote
i love my scratch sorry to revieve but i want to see some scratches and see if they are still around?

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 9:57 Quote
Scratch got dropped by Banshee a couple seasons back - and the excess frame stock was sold by the factory to Chain Reaction Cycles who rebranded them with their own brand label

Scratch is an outdated, over built frame - kinda pointless?

the geometry was actually very sweet, but the frame weight was insane, it was a pain in the backside to build up as the fitment of hubs, cranks, etc. was weird, and it was so heavy it would probably give you a hernia if you tried a big hop!

the best use of a Scratch was built as a freeride bike with a big fork, big tires, gears and heavy duty parts, I would take a Scratch over a Morphine any day if I wanted a burly FR hardtail!

however, for DJ and Street / Park much better, more modern alternative frames now exist....

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 5:22 Quote
Totally agree with hampsteadbandit. Well, i'm riding a Scratch right now, you can check out my profile. Using it mainly for street, but gonna change to a NS subbie soon, as its weighing about 14kg right now. Absolutely love the geometry and the build though. It feels totally bombproof, the geometry is perfect for long travel forks. 2.8" rear tires can be fitted for 26 wheels, and 3.0" for 24wheels.

Oh, and i think Chain Reaction Cycles ran out of stock already. I bought my piece from there.

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 13:22 Quote
ya i have mine all set up i love the build but might go ns as well

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 4:00 Quote
when i rode mine i loved the geometry, id love to see a new frame with similar geo, but the frame weight and drop outs were such a pain in the ass. i dropped 4 pounds off my bike when i switched to my amp frame

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 17:21 Quote
katman05 wrote:
when i rode mine i loved the geometry, id love to see a new frame with similar geo, but the frame weight and drop outs were such a pain in the ass. i dropped 4 pounds off my bike when i switched to my amp frame

yah i wanna get a amp how much is frame canadian/?

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 17:45 Quote
In the shop we have the raw Amp frame for $599 CAD and I think the painted ones were $10 more. The Amps a sweet frame, Iv had 2 though as the designer seemed to over look the fact that the downtube on the short frame dosnt clear many fork adjustment dials. Banshee was great to deal with though and gave me a long frame which solved the issue.

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 19:12 Quote
Amp's a sick bike. Probably as sick as the Scratch. Tried my mate's one. Despite the longer chainstay compared to most steel street frames. Its just so easy to flick! Too bad i gotta wait a long time before the next shipment here in Singapore.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021148
Mobile Version of Website