Intense M6

PB Forum :: Downhill
Intense M6
Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 10:44 Quote
My bad, the fork on the red m6 (on the first post) is a White Bros...
after a bit of internet searching, I,ve found quite a few pics of the same bike w/ the white brothers....

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/data/664/2008_Intense_Interbike21.jpg

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 17:39 Quote
This bike is mine!! Will be here in January. Cant Frigging wait.

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 19:45 Quote
i think the first bike shown is the most up to date model, it looks like the red m6 was an earlier prototype that cane creek got their hands on and just used in a display, where as the raw one was actually in the intense display. i think the raw bike is the actual production bike or at least closer to it\
another giveaway is that the red m6 doesnt use parts from the intense factory team's sponsors

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 19:55 Quote
This should probably be posted in a new thread, but...Has anyone ridden the inverted white bros yet? I was always a marz shiver fan, but they no makey no moCry

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 14:59 Quote
I think the new M6 is killer for DH Race. Looks sick! I ride a 2006 V-10 so the lower leverage ratio of the M6 rear and super long shock will probably eliminate the bottoming issues of long travel DH machines like my V-10. My DHX 5.0 is at PUSH now. Besides the M6 has been well over 100 mph so its got my vote. Not a fan of Manitou forks though. Wonder what price will be...

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 20:09 Quote
I have owned a White Brothers Groove Race fork and it was poor for todays fork standards. It was sticky as hell, rather flexy, and heavier than most forks. It did have a great range of adjustment and was good for big hits, but terrible for small bumps and flexed more than a fork should. Maybe they have made them better who knows.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 2:15 Quote
64.5 is sooo slack..but for flat out speed thats great. i would be a little concerned how it handles on twistier tracks though.

white bros heavy? seriously? the groove is the lightest fork dh avaliable, and has been for a good couple of years. the 180mm groove is 5.6lbs IIRC. just the performance and reliability tend to let it down. they may have improved this though if intense are running them on some of their bikes.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 8:53 Quote
ErenG wrote:
wickedskilz wrote:
Kovarik will be frothing at the mouth once he's on one of these. Watch out Peaty Big Grin

where have you been!??! Kovarik was on one ALL season long testing it out. and hes not with intense for 2008, they dropped him from their racing program, and signed matti who quit team honda. Which was a good move for matti because he really improved, and honda isnt looking for two number 1's they have minnarr whos their number 1, now there looking to sign a number two which matti USE to be. Matti will now by the head of the intense racing team

Well no. I have seen NO proof of Kovarik leaving (just because Matti is signed). And Honda isn't anything anymore (check the pinkbike news).

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 9:07 Quote
Views: 7,911    Faves: 8    Comments: 2

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 12:45 Quote
I have confidence in Intense about all their knowledge, but 64.5 it is a very slack head angle. All bikes that i've ridden with that kind of head angle were all stable at high speed and very slow in the more technical section of the trail.

I can't wait to see how the M6 will handle technical section. I used to like the geometry of the M3 but i'm not sure about the new geo... It's all about wait and see!

spoiledgoods: Did you have the chance to ride to M6? Anybody knows about the geo of the V-10 2008?

Posted: Oct 21, 2007 at 18:59 Quote
Oh, I heard about 800$ can upcharge to get the Cane Creek Double Barrel!!! OMG, that's a lot of money!

Posted: Oct 21, 2007 at 19:03 Quote
spoiledgoods wrote:
Views: 7,911    Faves: 8    Comments: 2
yeaaaa theres andrew

Posted: Oct 21, 2007 at 19:03 Quote
I saw it at Interbike and fell in love. I think it should be white with no stickers.Beer

Posted: Oct 21, 2007 at 19:22 Quote
slacker headtube angle + lower BB= this bike is gonna f*cking rip!!!

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 19:51 Quote
ride66 wrote:
I must admit I did check the clamps and they are not the same colour...thanks! My mistake but anyway this is the Dorado!

Stiffer and stronger than ever! Bad new, you'll need to wait till the end of spring or even next summer. But I prefer Boxxers Wink

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/data/664/medium/2008_Intense_Interbike06.jpg

looks sweet!! those dorados look sick as well. thanks for all the info

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026454
Mobile Version of Website