Blueknob, Pa Cordially Invites You...

PB Forum :: USA - East
Blueknob, Pa Cordially Invites You...
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
So here it is, really the first public invite for anyone from Pa, or the surrounding areas to join myself and the handful of locals that keep Blueknob alive during the non-ski season to come out and shred.

Atleast once to twice a weekend I assemble the crew and we make a trip to "Bk", which usually includes regular trail maintence, digging, and alot of good riding. We not only have unlimited access to not only all of the mountain side, but also the Blueknob State park side as well. The trails are pretty friendly for just about everyone, but they are no cake walk ethier (some older photos from past years are in my album). And also, good luck to you if you go up alone, the trail systems are very difficult to find and use, so I would much rather have everyone go up as a group on weekends to shred, and also I'd rather not have outta-towners wreck our trails.

So for anyone who wants to ride, or anyone who just doesnt know where to go to find good riding, believe me this mountain is the only place of such caliber in Pa that offers such quality downhill riding for free.

Every weekend I'll try and post when we will be riding and what everyone can expect. As far as rides go we all use our personal vehicles to shuttle back up the mountain, so anyone who plans on coming out it would gladly be appreciated to bring your truck if you got one, or atleast help out with gas money for everyone who does the shuttling.

With all this being said our third ride of the year will be...

Sunday, April 27th. We usually meet at the mountain around 11:00a.m., However we also may be doing some trail maintence to the moutain Saturday, April 26th as well, but it's stil up in the air...

I'm going to guess that most people will need directions, please just pm me and I will get you hooked up.

I also ride bmx and know alot of great trails throughout Pa, however I'm not about to throw out freebies on the forum page, so if you dont downhill but your up for riding some serious dirtjumps, go ahead and hit me up.

Peace.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 6:21 Quote
Are we riding Sunday?

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 6:49 Quote
gnu153 wrote:
Are we riding Sunday?

I thought that was the plan. Someone has a stupid final to complete on Saturday.Big Grin

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 6:58 Quote
11? is He bringing people w/ him? Yeah I have a final but I'm going to sell my books before the other people so hopefully they buy em.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
gnu153 wrote:
Are we riding Sunday?
yeah we can ride sunday cause of your final meet at 11, and bring some food and what not for a cook out. has anyone talked to ned? maybe if he isnt busy saturday or after your final we get up there and clear some more trails on the mountain.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 11:07 Quote
Alright so Sunday's riding was deffenitly super good all around. Trails are awesome right now. As we talked about our next ride will be this Saturday, May 3rd. Everyone meet up around 11 a.m. as usual. Also the thread over on ridemonkey is going swimmingly and everyone can check it out here http://ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201137

Everyone just post up what your thoughts or concerns, or whatever anyone wants to do cookout wise and shit like that. Also if any new riders want to join please feel free to get in touch.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 9:41 Quote
What day of this weekend are we riding?

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 10:11 Quote
hey man i was just gonna message you, we are gonna ride saturday BOTH the mountain and state park. jul and i are planning to go up tomorrow and finish up some of the trail sections on the mountain so we can ride them saturday. also next weekend were gonna plan for camping all weekend, ethier getting a camp site or a cabin but we will talk about it on saturday...

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 10:32 Quote
Are you bringing up any sightseers this weekend?

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 10:39 Quote
Who knows, There is a race on friday at massa, so i doubt it, but we will see.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 11:07 Quote
what a bunch of f*cking bums, f*ck the establishment how about it jul. Tell them to get serious about life and start putting it down for the home crowd.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
Checked the weather and looks like we will be riding on the sterns. I might have to bust out the old THE fender.

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 13:25 Quote
ugh rain. is 7 springs opening up this weekend too?

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
IDk. We should givem a call to see when they do.

Posted: May 9, 2008 at 5:01 Quote
I thought I read some where, that they were opening on Memorial Day weekend, but it wouldn’t hurt to get the facts straight, so I’ll give them a call.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015109
Mobile Version of Website