Good cheap road bike for training

PB Forum :: 29ers
Good cheap road bike for training
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 10:43 Quote
hey guys, i want a relatively cheap road bike to train on. it doesnt have to be brand new, but i would like to keep it less than 7 or 800 hopefully. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 10:45 Quote
intense m1, u pedal that around you will be in shape trust me. tup

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 13:42 Quote
i would maybe suggest grabbinga cross bike, then ya can still hit the gravel paths and have some fun.
look at the surly cross check. or consider a fixed gear bike. the new fuji one is pretty cheap and feels awsome. this is all if you don't plan on doing really long epic road rides.
i just picked up a new marin for a few triathlons i plan to do this summer.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 21:54 Quote
Buy used. For $300-400 you can pick up a decent used road bike. Road bikes don't wear out as fast as mtn bikes do, so something that's 10 years old would probably still be fine. Just make sure you take it for a spin and ensure that it fits okay.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 21:58 Quote
Or, find a dumpster bike/garage sale bike and just fix it up, it shouldnt cost more than 50$ for new bar tape, tires and chain. Thought you might also want to replace the seat, chainrings and anything else that is really grundgy...

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 7:51 Quote
over here we have the boardman stuff which is good and cheap..

but i ride a specialized allez, which is quite expensive, but worth it 100% you can eat up the miles on it

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 8:48 Quote
duncanp wrote:
over here we have the boardman stuff which is good and cheap..

but i ride a specialized allez, which is quite expensive, but worth it 100% you can eat up the miles on it

Haha, I do to! I guess its an expensive bike for the price, but for the spec, its a wicked deal.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
I'd suggest any of the low priced road bikes from Specialized, Giant, or Trek. All very solid builds and good frames. $7-800 is going to get you a decent bike, but if you plan on putting decent miles on the bike I'd look for a bike in the $9-1100 range and you'll have something that will last longer than a single season.

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 8:50 Quote
giant scr 4 they are rely good bikes and only cost around 300

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 14:51 Quote
or get a pady wagon its 400 and just get some ancle weights and put some of them on the bike, the rims, you thats what i did but i used the curent bike i have now

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011928
Mobile Version of Website