your best brakeless stories

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
your best brakeless stories
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 10:08 Quote
well the brake was invented for a reason, so obviously taking away the brake will expose the reasons it was invented. such as running into things at high speed. so what are the funniest things that have happened to you since you removed your speed retarder?

yesturday, i found this uber-long gap from a tennis court into a street. you litterealy have to pedal as fast as you possibly can to clear it. so on my third attempt i pedal like a mad man, musta been at least mach 5, and launch it. woo, i didnt die. then i realize i have a 2 lane street quickly dissapearing, and sidewalk comeing straight at me. so i pitch the bike into a sick breakless slide across the whole second lane of the street, not slowing down much. which sends me flying side ways into the sidewalk, flipping into the air, and landing on my ass sliding on some crappy gravely sidewalk. the end.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 10:12 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
well the brake was invented for a reason, so obviously taking away the brake will expose the reasons it was invented. such as running into things at high speed. so what are the funniest things that have happened to you since you removed your speed retarder?

yesturday, i found this uber-long gap from a tennis court into a street. you litterealy have to pedal as fast as you possibly can to clear it. so on my third attempt i pedal like a mad man, musta been at least mach 5, and launch it. woo, i didnt die. then i realize i have a 2 lane street quickly dissapearing, and sidewalk comeing straight at me. so i pitch the bike into a sick breakless slide across the whole second lane of the street, not slowing down much. which sends me flying side ways into the sidewalk, flipping into the air, and landing on my ass sliding on some crappy gravely sidewalk. the end.
is that a still clip in your dptup

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 10:14 Quote
epic. I run brakes, i just want to subscribe to this thread.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
nope. i wish i had it on camera tho, it was piss funnylol

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 10:27 Quote
bighit711 wrote:
epip. I run brakes, i just want to subscribe to this thread.

there is a "subscribe" button at the top of the page for your info!

anyway, its not really brakeless, but ..
it was after a long ride so i was really tired and my bike was making loads of strange noises. i turned down the hill into my road. by now im sh*ting myself cos ive realised my rear brake has gone and my front pad was worn thin as paper. tried to turn right at the bottom of my road with my foot behind the rear wheel, but sliped and somehow ended up sliding into a neighbours front garden!
PS my knees are still bruised
ye thats about it.. anyone else done similar?

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 10:29 Quote
crazyaboutbikes wrote:
bighit711 wrote:
epic. I run brakes, i just want to subscribe to this thread.

there is a "subscibe" button at the top of the page for your info!

anyway, its not really brakeless, but ..
it was after a long ride so i was really tired and my bike was making loads of strange noises. i turned down the hill into my road. by now im sh*ting myself cos ive realised my rear brake has gone and my front pad was worn thin as paper. tried to turn right at the bottom of my road with my foot behind the rear wheel, but sliped and somehow ended up sliding into a neighbours front garden!
PS my knees are still bruised
ye thats about it.. anyone else done similar?

My bad. Big Grin

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 11:25 Quote
this one time i was riding around brakeless...

...it was sweet...

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
Umm I was flying once in an indoor park packed with peeps. Coastin round hacing fun, and I msut have coasted into like 4 people that day? god damnit you know what I got nothing. Ive barely been riding this summer.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
few days ago i was riding round and went flying down this hill to our jumps, and mid way theres a corner i didnt relise that there was a delivery truck pulling out of a drive until i got just round the corner, so i put my feet down and i luckly managed to mount the pavement before crashing into the front of the van.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
well, once i was doing some street riding last summer downtown in my town, and there is this small stair set that me and my friends were jumping. anyways, there is a corner right after these stairs, and so when i went, i landed alright, but there was a group of hot girls that had just come around the corner, so of course me not having any brakes sortof ran into them. embarassing

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
this one time i was riding my friends bmx and it was a really wet day so his brakes werent doing anything. so i figured screw them and went straight down this narrow path and the path ends with a fork in the road (not a bike fork:P) that is basically a 90 degree angle on both sides. so im speeding towards this fork. 10 ft before it i hit the brakes and realize they arent workingFrown for the first time. go to take a sharp turn and slam into the fence. i had half of my pinky hanging offFrown

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
ok i was ridiong at my skatepark early in the morning and the gardner was there using his leaf blower to blow out all the rocks and leaves and crap so i went to do the spine and he backs up right infront of my landing so when i landed i slid out to try to miss him by falling sideways and i slid right into his legs and took him out. i had it on video to until my friends dad accidently deleted it =(

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 18:06 Quote
i was riding down to the skytrain station at the bottom of this really busy street and i had just got my new frame. i was coming up to an intersection ans it said i could go so i didnt bother slowin down or anything, anyways there was a car at the intersection turning and i had though it seen me but i guess he didnt cauz he started to pull out. wasnt quick enough and scrap the front end of his car

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 18:07 Quote
oh yeah and he was pissed cauz my pedal took off alot of paint

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
booting ass full speed down the main street in town then a police car pokes its front end out and BAM!!! i hit it.

i must have flipped like three times and landed right on my forehead

the officer comes running out at me full speed like ten feet away from her car screaming and shit at me.
she made me go and buy brakes and now i have to ride them... i like them now thoSmile

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.061142
Mobile Version of Website