is my bike really that heavy?!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
is my bike really that heavy?!
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 0:03 Quote
lol, according to that scale i am 172-3 (movement.. y'know) when im holding my bike the weight is ~211-2 lbs... (lbs = pound..? i never understood that... Confused )

= 39 lbs

im not stupid Smile an accurate scale.. that's what i need!

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 4:32 Quote
redridesrule wrote:
lol, according to that scale i am 172-3 (movement.. y'know) when im holding my bike the weight is ~211-2 lbs... (lbs = pound..? i never understood that... Confused )
= 39 lbs

im not stupid Smile an accurate scale.. that's what i need!

The letters Lb for pound come from a Latin word for an ancient Roman unit of weight, librae. (wiki)

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
redridesrule wrote:
does tubeless work for street/dj? or is that not a good route

it wont really matter, but you wont pinch, and you'll save weight, just run stans its like slime but lighter. and maxxis holy rollers are not light tires

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
dirtbikendillon wrote:
redridesrule wrote:
does tubeless work for street/dj? or is that not a good route

it wont really matter, but you wont pinch, and you'll save weight, just run stans its like slime but lighter. and maxxis holy rollers are not light tires
it will not save weight... tubeless is to increase traction (lower PSI) and decrease rolling resistance. I see no reason to use it for street/dj. It's more a DH/XC thing. You gotta coat the inside of your tire with the sealant, so it's really only gonna save you a few negligible grams (depending on what tubes you use)

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 20:56 Quote
ya if ur jumpers 39 you mite wanna carefully scratche off the paint and see if it's made of gold

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
yeah your scale must be off, my FR hardtail is 37.5 pounds and its beastly. im guessing your from the looks of it is like 35 pounds at most, probally low 30s though

and to the guy above lol that frame would bend so easily! you just sitting on it would bend a solid gold frame haha.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
hahaha, thanks guys, i'll deffo check if it's made of gold Beer , if it is, i'll sell it and give you five bucks... Razz

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
redridesrule wrote:
hahaha, thanks guys, i'll deffo check if it's made of gold Beer , if it is, i'll sell it and give you five bucks... Razz
sweet thanks manlol

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 at 22:34 Quote
Next time you're gonna be driving by a bike shop bring your bike in and ask to hang it from their scale.

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 at 12:10 Quote
i think the top's stock are 34, so your scales off I'm guessing, and doing it that way can be grossly wrong even if you have a decent scale my simtra came in at 22 but its closer to 26

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.086209
Mobile Version of Website