Homemade Parts!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Homemade Parts!
Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 16:41 Quote
Can someone with Solidworks give me a hand with making a photo render for my school finals project. It’s not bike related, but I’m unable to do it myself as Photoview360 won’t work on my graphics card.
Thanks Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 21:26 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Can someone with Solidworks give me a hand with making a photo render for my school finals project. It’s not bike related, but I’m unable to do it myself as Photoview360 won’t work on my graphics card.
Thanks Smile

What do you mean you are having trouble with making a photo render in solidworks? Like as in importing a photo into your solidworks design?

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 0:26 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
Thanks Smile

What do you mean you are having trouble with making a photo render in solidworks? Like as in importing a photo into your solidworks design?
If I can recall correctly; render tools > photo realistic, but that bit to click on for photo realistic is greyed out like a dead link. I’ll get a screenshot tonight that’ll explain it better. But apparently this is because Solidworks implemented this block if your computers media card can’t handle the Photo Realistic, I think it specifically requires some AMZ one but I only have a stock Lenovo one on my laptop.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 0:50 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
ArcherMatt wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
Thanks Smile

If I can recall correctly; render tools > photo realistic, but that bit to click on for photo realistic is greyed out like a dead link. I’ll get a screenshot tonight that’ll explain it better. But apparently this is because Solidworks implemented this block if your computers media card can’t handle the Photo Realistic, I think it specifically requires some AMZ one but I only have a stock Lenovo one on my laptop.
You just mean the realistic view as you're modeling? You can do a registry edit to fix that, essentially just find the correct folder in the registry and add your graphics card.

For an actual rendering I could give it a shot but I can't put much time into it.

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 8:42 Quote
If you're just trying to import a photo to a design for tracing over or something like that, you create a new sketch

Then
tools
sketch tools
insert image

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 11:58 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
ArcherMatt wrote:

You just mean the realistic view as you're modeling? You can do a registry edit to fix that, essentially just find the correct folder in the registry and add your graphics card.
Seriously? Any more info on this?

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 12:07 Quote
Search for RealHack (RealView Hack). General aim is to trick a GeForce card in to thinking it's a Quadro. I don't think it's ever been particularly successful on integrated chips though.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 12:15 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
Search for RealHack (RealView Hack). General aim is to trick a GeForce card in to thinking it's a Quadro. I don't think it's ever been particularly successful on integrated chips though.
Nah not at all. You literally just add whatever card is in your pc to the list of cards on the Solidworks folder in the registry. Anything not in the list, realview won't work. Just be aware that it's pretty slow on integrated gpu's. Just search realview registry and you'll find it.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 15:44 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
secondtimeuser wrote:
Nah not at all. You literally just add whatever card is in your pc to the list of cards on the Solidworks folder in the registry. Anything not in the list, realview won't work. Just be aware that it's pretty slow on integrated gpu's. Just search realview registry and you'll find it.
Yeah I heard of RealHack before on a GranCAD forum, that’s why I was suprised by Arnoodles suggestion because it sounds so much more straight forward. Thanks a million lads might get this sorted by myself after all Smile

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 14:32 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
secondtimeuser wrote:
By any chance did you do it on an Intel card? Can’t find the limits for it anywhere Frown

EDIT: Got it figured out, write up here
Still pretty disapointed though, I guess SW doesn't let you do proper renders on the educational version like the one below...
2014 bashguard render with black anodising. 34-36T model pictured.

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 12:50 Quote
RunsWithScissors wrote:
I'd love to market these grips to the general public, but my boss would NEVER let me (for good reasons, I GUESS...), so these are just gonna wind up on a few friends' bikes.

Prototype grip for some friends

Tell him you'll toss him a kickback everyone is down with money, I'm in for a pair bro these grips are dope

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2018 at 8:45 Quote
Has anyone designed and made a chain guide, and/or a bash guard?

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 at 9:24 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
from the worst materials at the time but yes lol. more of concepts if anything

new chainguide i made much lighter and much better weight is around 2oz

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
ArcherMatt wrote:
from the worst materials at the time but yes lol. more of concepts if anything

new chainguide i made much lighter and much better weight is around 2oz

Is that a solidworks design you have?

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 at 13:47 Quote
is that made from an old vinyl record?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.048519
Mobile Version of Website