Homemade Parts!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Homemade Parts!
Posted: Feb 25, 2018 at 16:11 Quote
this was actually prior to any saved drawing. more of a mock up. by all means copy whatever you want haha.

And it was made from some 1/4 inch plexy and cutting board material for the guides lol.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 9:10 Quote
Found this design for a quick link remover online. Interested to see if it works

Found this design for a quick link remover. Printed it, and going to see if it works, and if so how well. Will provide an update in the next hour or so

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 9:54 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
Found this design for a quick link remover online. Interested to see if it works

Found this design for a quick link remover. Printed it, and going to see if it works, and if so how well. Will provide an update in the next hour or so

Now that's a clever idea. I like it. Curious to see if/how well it works...

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 12:50 Quote
Can anyone with a GrabCAD account give my project a like to build a bit of hype, I've it entered into a competition. Smile

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 13:07 Quote
RunsWithScissors wrote:
ArcherMatt wrote:

Now that's a clever idea. I like it. Curious to see if/how well it works...

Crazy to believe that a piece of plastic could be used as a quick link tool. (Just found it on thingiverse when i searched sram) Engaged the clutch on my derailler, and it worked great. had I known, I wouldn't have bought a park tool chain tool, as this is cheaper, and more portable

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 13:08 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Can anyone with a GrabCAD account give my project a like to build a bit of hype, I've it entered into a competition. Smile

photo

photo

I just shot you a like! That accelerometer is so awesome! Do you have a working prototype yet?!?!

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 13:58 Quote
Adeptsckness wrote:
RunsWithScissors wrote:
I'd love to market these grips to the general public, but my boss would NEVER let me (for good reasons, I GUESS...), so these are just gonna wind up on a few friends' bikes.

Prototype grip for some friends

Tell him you'll toss him a kickback everyone is down with money, I'm in for a pair bro these grips are dope

I am having the same Idea with my new project, and this will come up soon.

Interested in your grips if you make them..

My new wallet with custom engraving

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 14:23 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:

photo

photo

I also hit you up for a like and downloaded the files.

After looking at the files it needs a couple of finishing touches but it's a Great idea, well done.

Care if I print one out for shits and giggles?

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 14:24 Quote
I am having the same Idea with my new project, and this will come up soon.

My new wallet with custom engraving
[/Quote]

What is this?

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
latheboy wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
snip

After looking at the files it needs a couple of finishing touches but it's a Great idea, well done.

Cheers man! To be honest it's only really half done, its more of a personal project that I was tipping away at but I rushed to get it in a presentable state for the deadline because I literally forgot when it was due haha. So that's why I'm missing stuff like fasteners for the battery cover and the Micro SD card seal along with a lot of stuff internally (I couldn't submit the electronic components because of plagiarism). But yeah feel free to print it off man but I'll have the MK2 coming out soon Wink

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 14:44 Quote
Its a wallet mate, which I am making. Don't want to advertise here, just related to the Pulp Fiction wallet incident Big Grin

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 14:45 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

snip

I just shot you a like! That accelerometer is so awesome! Do you have a working prototype yet?!?!
No haha, might make one in uni next year when I'll have the resources

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 17:29 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
latheboy wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
snip

Cheers man! To be honest it's only really half done, its more of a personal project that I was tipping away at but I rushed to get it in a presentable state for the deadline because I literally forgot when it was due haha. So that's why I'm missing stuff like fasteners for the battery cover and the Micro SD card seal along with a lot of stuff internally (I couldn't submit the electronic components because of plagiarism). But yeah feel free to print it off man but I'll have the MK2 coming out soon Wink

PM sent.
Looks and feels good as a 3D part.

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 17:29 Quote
numeros wrote:
Its a wallet mate, which I am making. Don't want to advertise here, just related to the Pulp Fiction wallet incident Big Grin

I should think before asking stupid questions haha

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 17:06 Quote
Anybody have any experience making their own seats? Also, anybody know of a 2 part epoxy or something similar that could be poured into a mold for the pad material?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016815
Mobile Version of Website