Homemade Parts!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Homemade Parts!
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
8=============================================================D!!!!!!

we all know youre over compensating...

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 13:26 Quote
You still alive?? I'll be damned! How's yo babies Mama??

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
whattheheel wrote:

yeah, been trying to sort my life out, and spending pretty much every spare second on here wasnt helping. started a business, hopefully itll actually start making money soon, id say buy some furniture but shipping may be a bit expensive.

getting an e bike soon.

lifes better.

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
yonny10 wrote:
Mr-Magura wrote:
As for bead blasting, it has generally nothing to do with looks or fatigue, but simply to remove surface imperfections in a cheap way.

Shot peening does reduce the likelihood of fatigue failure but only for thin walled spring type components. Agree there would be zero benefit for most MTB components.
thin walled and spring like...

You mean handlebars?

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 13:58 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Alright bitches. I demand to see degrees and certifications!! Dick compare time!! Whip it out!! Who's got the biggest?? lol lol

It's much more fun to compare bank accounts.

Magura Big Grin

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
Alright bitches. I demand to see degrees and certifications!! Dick compare time!! Whip it out!! Who's got the biggest?? lol lol

It's much more fun to compare bank accounts.

Magura Big Grin

My bank accounts big, like the biggest of the big. So big in fact that my money only takes up a tiny percentage of it. I'm telling you, its the biggest.

Thats how this works right?

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 15:12 Quote
HardtailsAreGnarly wrote:
My bank accounts big, like the biggest of the big. So big in fact that my money only takes up a tiny percentage of it. I'm telling you, its the biggest.

Thats how this works right?
I have so many bank accounts you know. So many. And you know what they are all the best. So many. And I haven't even filled them yet.

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 6:39 Quote
Looks like we have reached the age old conclusion that (we would all like to believe):

8=D + $$$$$

>

8=======D

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 9:44 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
whattheheel wrote:

yeah, been trying to sort my life out, and spending pretty much every spare second on here wasnt helping. started a business, hopefully itll actually start making money soon, id say buy some furniture but shipping may be a bit expensive.

getting an e bike soon.

lifes better.

Great to hear buddy!! Wish you the best little man!

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 23:28 Quote
Hi! This is my highschool graduation project:

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 22:33 Quote
Do you think it’s strong enough?

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 2:40 Quote
Looks like it! But cool to have the opportunity to make that at your highschool!

But talking design: what are typical input loads or G's for design of stems, pedals/cranks, frame/suspension? Is their a a source or paper with what is this typical for say XC-all mountain-enduro-gravity/dirt.

Are there any EC or NEN norms to be applied before you can sell item x as DH part?

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 5:10 Quote
There are CE standards, with associated test standards.

Magura Smile

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 8:01 Quote
The stem is very overly dimensioned and is used for light AM riding. I dont know for any standards (other than 5 category classification really) but i have made basic stress simulation in Autodesk Inventor. The aluminium bar is simulating 75 cm long handlebar and at the both ends force of 200 N is applied (400 N together) at angle that is similar what would be in reality. As seen on pictures of simulation the stress on the stem is mostly in the region of elastic behaviour.

EDIT: I messed up the simulation. Here are results for load with about 14000N on every side.

I m currently making an SDG i beam seat to twin rail post adapter.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
40 kg sound a bit low, you can stand or hang on handlebars with ease.

I think that stem will be strong enough. Smile

In general: any opinions on minimum radius or chamfers on the edge of the clamping surfaces of the stem to bar? Any difference for designing for carbon or alu handle bars?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025028
Mobile Version of Website