Homemade Parts!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Homemade Parts!
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
Homemade bearing presses. Wish me luck Eek
On the left, old rear shock with harddrive disc. On the right, Standard thru-axle with sockets

Trying to change main pivot bearing's but there's no official tools that fit (50x62x6).

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 13:15 Quote
Put the bearings in the freezer before hand. Will cool and shrink them so they aren’t as tight to press in

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
Hey Gang,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a front suspension to replace the head shock on my Cannondale f400?

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 14:13 Quote
F400 is a mass denomination.
Headtube size, current travel, use of the bike?

Magura Smile

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 14:14 Quote
DarthPlagus wrote:
Hey Gang,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a front suspension to replace the head shock on my Cannondale f400?

You can get reducer cups to accommodate a 1 1/8" straight steerer. It's also possible an adapter could exist that allows it to accept a tapered steerer. The former would offer a small selection of forks; the latter would enable you to take almost any fork.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
So now that im done with finals and have shitloads of time to kill on a train, this is an SDG seat to "regular" seatpost adapter. I CNC machined it and it has been doing it's job well for a month now.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 11:12 Quote
Spent all the time to model the part and set up the CNC/ flip parts yet didn't radius any corners, or core out/ reduce weight on the part? Jail

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 18:07 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
Spent all the time to model the part and set up the CNC/ flip parts yet didn't radius any corners, or core out/ reduce weight on the part? Jail

Im so sorry that i didnt spent last five years designing an adapter. I know i should have gone balls deep into making part that weights f*ck all nothing even lighter. I know, I cant sleep at night. Master of engineering im so sad to disappoint you.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 2:23 Quote
Jurchek wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

Im so sorry that i didnt spent last five years designing an adapter. I know i should have gone balls deep into making part that weights f*ck all nothing even lighter. I know, I cant sleep at night. Master of engineering im so sad to disappoint you.

It does look very high school engineering class though. Just mill out the flat sides a bit and radius corners and it'll look a lot more professional. Kinda like this:

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/Reality-Redesigned-The-GAUNTLET-Ep8-Thomson-to-I-Beam-Adapter.html

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 17:40 Quote
Jurchek wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

Anyone who makes their own parts is rad. You tell him, Jurchek!

The only thing I find strange is that someone likes a first-generation i-Fly that much, but it's not my crotch and maybe you like it rough.
Whip

Razz

Posted: 14 hours ago Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
Jurchek wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

It does look very high school engineering class though. Just mill out the flat sides a bit and radius corners and it'll look a lot more professional. Kinda like this:

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/Reality-Redesigned-The-GAUNTLET-Ep8-Thomson-to-I-Beam-Adapter.html

You look like high school!!! What's up now???

Posted: 9 hours ago Quote
Jurchek wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

lol. Chill man, was suppose to be just the shallowest bit of constructive criticism to help you up your game. I'm not asking you to make the thing have compounding curvature with G3 surface continuity. Some professional advice (from seeing your reactions to your stem as well) work on taking constructive criticism, it will help you in any and all careers.

Using a modern 3D cad software (like inventor that you're using) putting a radius or chamfer on the corners of the two largest surface would take MAYBE a minute tops if you're going slow and being indecisive about your radius.

I'm just trying to say putting a little more time into the thinking, which you said you had plenty of, will make this a much more rad part.

Also not an engineer Jailbreak Razz

Posted: 5 hours ago Quote
whattheheel wrote:
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
Jurchek wrote:

You look like high school!!! What's up now???

Coming from someone who struggles to see over the counter at most stores.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.036069
Mobile Version of Website