Homemade Parts!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Homemade Parts!
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
Hope also "Finish" a lot of products made by other companies.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:39 Quote
muddytreker wrote:
Hope also make some fantastic home made stuff : )

I get what are you saying. Just I am solo fella with few machines, and Hope fellas are nothing but my role model company.

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 13:47 Quote
numeros wrote:
muddytreker wrote:
Hope also make some fantastic home made stuff : )

I get what are you saying. Just I am solo fella with few machines, and Hope fellas are nothing but my role model company.

No, what he was trying to explain to you, is that you have to start paying for advertisement.

Magura Smile

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 9:03 Quote
Indeed I do. I need someone for marketing also.

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 7:51 Quote
Built this for a frame with stripped BB threads. CNC machined from 2014 aluminum.

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 12:16 Quote
Beauty of work mate

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
That's super nicely made for a one-off!

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 18:00 Quote
psynide wrote:
Built this for a frame with stripped BB threads. CNC machined from 2014 aluminum.

Eek

Are those tightening notations milled/ lasered into it + paint in the debossed areas? Damn impressive if so. Salute

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 21:23 Quote
Looks laser marked. Nice work!

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 21:46 Quote
Thanks guys. Laser etched.

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 9:48 Quote
Wow, Marko the stem is looking great!

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 13:03 Quote
psynide wrote:

How do you get it to stay firm inside a BB without threads? Is it shimmed perfect to size that it presses in and acts like a press fit bearing? Or??

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
Thank you Zeeman, still working on it as first one failed, and hopefully this will early prototype will be finished.

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 16:42 Quote
walkingtall76 wrote:
psynide wrote:

How do you get it to stay firm inside a BB without threads? Is it shimmed perfect to size that it presses in and acts like a press fit bearing? Or??

I'd guess there are threads that connect the two pieces where that parting line is in the middle.

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 22:41 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
walkingtall76 wrote:
psynide wrote:

I'd guess there are threads that connect the two pieces where that parting line is in the middle.

Even if that were the case, the strength would be too weak. The amount of force put on it externally from a rotation wouldn't hold up. It would still need to be press fit somehow, then obviously that would void the ability to thread the center. There's a reason external BB are designed the way they are...

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014030
Mobile Version of Website