Homemade Parts!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Homemade Parts!
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
heres a linkage im working on for a guy. makes it so he can run a coil on his rocky mountain altitude.

this was first go but had some issues and needed to make some changes
photo

updated design. waiting for some tooling to come in and ill get going on it

photo

Just out of interest, how much are you charging for that? I've also got an altitude that doesnt fit a coil...

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
Anyone made their own mud scraper? I'm thinking about using the bash guard holes to fix something that scrapes the mud and leaves off my chainring. Not sure if it'll work but I'm up for an experiment.

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
HardtailsAreGnarly wrote:

Just out of interest, how much are you charging for that? I've also got an altitude that doesnt fit a coil...

what year is yours?

$200. once this one is fitted to make sure it all works im gonna do a small batch. a few others are interested as well

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 11:16 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
HardtailsAreGnarly wrote:

what year is yours?

$200. once this one is fitted to make sure it all works im gonna do a small batch. a few others are interested as well

Bit rich for my student budget but will keep it in mind for the future

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 3:20 Quote
$200 is a bit rich? Damn man... That's a custom made part to make your bike better!! That's cheap AF

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 4:00 Quote
latheboy wrote:
$200 is a bit rich? Damn man... That's a custom made part to make your bike better!! That's cheap AF

He said he is a student, i.e., on a budget. It doesn't mean he found the price excessive.

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 8:36 Quote
TibZ wrote:
latheboy wrote:

He said he is a student, i.e., on a budget. It doesn't mean he found the price excessive.

Yes I certinaly dont find the price excessive, in fact its quite the bargain for what you're getting.

However my budget doesnt quite have that much money in it for bike parts at the moment.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
no worries man i know exactly how it goes. if i do a batch of a few of them ill shoot you a message and might be able make something work for ya.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 2:08 Quote
Oh shit sorry, I totally missed the student bit. I did stop reading after the words "bit rich". I make stuff too and I get shitty when told I'm too expensive... Carry on ..

Posted: Nov 30, 2019 at 15:52 Quote
Mr-Magura wrote:
walkingtall76 wrote:
Mr-Magura wrote:

You missed out on a rather interesting part.

Magura Smile

Lol- Magura of all you idiocies and ignorance this question by far sets you in the best light. To assume that my retirement has come from patenting a product is so obtuse- it's not even worthy of a response. However, given self contradiction is a terrible thing, I'll suck it up this time. Magura- I'm probably twice your age and that's enough said... as you progress in life you'll realise there's more to it than flashing "fancy" parts on a bike site- good luck, I hope you get to retire soon off of all those idiots that you "cash in on" I'm sure you'll sleep like a baby! Until then- keep keeping the young sheep here interested in your BS. Wink

Well, that's how most engineers I know retired, and how I did so myself.
Your assumptions are roughly as wrong as the rest of the BS you've been spilling here.

Magura Big Grin

Really you retired?

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 9:01 Quote
Yes, a few years ago, doing the odd project here and there just to stay in the game.
How are you doing? You've been silent for a while.
Still working with Shibi?

Magura

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
heres my shifter mount. Made from 6061 ALU flat stock. Going to print one next

downtube shifter mount

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 14:56 Quote
That's pretty cool!
Is it for a dirt jump/ slopestyle bike?

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 14:57 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
That's pretty cool!
Is it for a dirt jump/ slopestyle bike?
Yes sir

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017789
Mobile Version of Website