Trails in progress, show us your building skill.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trails in progress, show us your building skill.
Author Message
Posted: May 4, 2013 at 22:42 Quote
Been doing work and it's paying off. Haven't sacked up and committed to dropping off the UpBox we built yesterday.
Dude in the picture is 6'2".
Just put this edit together after a sweet session today. I ended up finding a clip from 2 years ago. It's come a long ways.
Built the UpBox yesterday. It's at a 30 degree angle with 4'x8' plywood.
Berm
Berm to Hip
UpBox
Views: 347    Faves: 2    Comments: 1

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 1:11 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
hardboard makes it run in better. otherwise you battle grooves for months



also yeah wet it, and then just pi it from the bottom, it bends fine, its lie 1 mill thick

Really depends on what type of ground you have. I've never ridden hardboard but dosnt sound great, nothing beats riding on pure dirt



It depends on the dirt, but your missing the point, you use it to run in the dirt, and make it hard. Hardboard is better than squishy dirt. Hardboard makes your jumps run in best

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 1:13 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
James-Carey wrote:
hardboard makes it run in better. otherwise you battle grooves for months



also yeah wet it, and then just pi it from the bottom, it bends fine, its lie 1 mill thick
Build something outa mud let it dry and pack it again and you should have something rock hard. Way less to deal with then hardboard/carpet




Depends on the dirt 100% also the best jumps are the ones that were ridden in when sticky as you get all the fluidity pushed though. Hardboard just means you cause less damage. Notice how jumps ride best at the end of the season when they look haggard as opposed to the start when they look pristine? thats why.

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 1:15 Quote
DanielRistow wrote:
New Stepup!

15 foot lip with 6 feet of stepup

15 foot lip

15 foot lip. I m standing at the top of it

Views: 835    Faves: 4    Comments: 13





I think the lip is almost too long, and the step up and landing too small. you are absolutely pinning it there, if it were me i would make the lip smaller, ad a touch shorter, and steeper, and that in turn makes there more of a step up, i would then dig down the landing. It all just seems lost potential in my opinion.

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 1:16 Quote
madhabits wrote:
Building



Lookin gurd. Where in the uk are spooks again?

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 3:48 Quote
Scoping out this place today as a possible new trail, photo is taken from my garden so it's literally right there. Potential?

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 9:40 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
DanielRistow wrote:
New Stepup!

15 foot lip with 6 feet of stepup

15 foot lip

15 foot lip. I m standing at the top of it

Views: 835    Faves: 4    Comments: 13





I think the lip is almost too long, and the step up and landing too small. you are absolutely pinning it there, if it were me i would make the lip smaller, ad a touch shorter, and steeper, and that in turn makes there more of a step up, i would then dig down the landing. It all just seems lost potential in my opinion.

Yeah, there's a bump in the lip in the middle that we need to take care of, and then it will run a lot better. were going to dig the landing in a little more to make it longer, and then maybe put a stepdown into it for more speed.

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 12:35 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
Scoping out this place today as a possible new trail, photo is taken from my garden so it's literally right there. Potential?

You have a chance to build on that mountain too ? I would give my left nut to be able to build some where like that , awesome terrain ,

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 17:24 Quote
I broke my foot, so unfortunately I now have lots of time to build and progress on my backyard stuff. I'm going to have more pallets arriving this coming week, and I'll make the roll-in bigger. From 10 feet to 13 feet. Hopefully this will create a lot of speed, because I think I will not be buying a dj/bmx bike, so the jumps will now have to be downhill bike oriented.

Does anybody have backyard jumps made for downhill bikes?

Cheers,

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 18:28 Quote
Anyone know of trails near Dallas Texas? Lookin to pick up a shovel and ride a little this summer

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 18:29 Quote
How does that tarp lean-to do in the rain?

Mod Plus
Posted: May 5, 2013 at 19:00 Quote
DylanHunter wrote:
Anyone know of trails near Dallas Texas? Lookin to pick up a shovel and ride a little this summer
Check the regional section.

Posted: May 7, 2013 at 13:09 Quote
Council meeting went well last week, Moos are safe for this season at least.

Slowly getting stuff riding, so dry at the moment with no leaves on the trees, making it pretty much impossible to dial stuff in.

One down many more to go. Lord help my arms
New long n low lip

Ash riding mainline, epic run


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.060791
Mobile Version of Website