Trails in progress, show us your building skill.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trails in progress, show us your building skill.
Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 5:42 Quote
Josip that sucks !

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 5:49 Quote
josip wrote:
soooo my jumps are getting plowed today/tomorow Emo Cry Madder
f*ck... sucks but to be real it was a mater of time because they were 100% illegal
Still 6 years of work gone just like that Madder Cry

photo
I'd try and get those kickers so you can use them again

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 5:56 Quote
chrisn5 wrote:
josip wrote:
soooo my jumps are getting plowed today/tomorow Emo Cry Madder
f*ck... sucks but to be real it was a mater of time because they were 100% illegal
Still 6 years of work gone just like that Madder Cry

I'd try and get those kickers so you can use them again

Yeah, we are doing that for sure... The people that are actually driving the digger and all that are actually as cool as they can be, but f*ck it, the owner can do what ever he wants on his field

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 11:52 Quote
Mate that sucks !

Genuinely upsetting news, you kept us posted with regular updates so we got to see it grow too.

Why are they getting torn down if legal ?

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 12:36 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Mate that sucks !

Genuinely upsetting news, you kept us posted with regular updates so we got to see it grow too.

he said they were illegal mate.

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 13:47 Quote
Hi-im-gary wrote:
bigburd wrote:
Mate that sucks !

he said they were illegal mate.

Ah yes!

Next time I'll actually read it !

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2017 at 15:50 Quote
Finished this line today.
Views: 130    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 20:40 Quote
finally got some more work done on my new trail. between work, the new house, wife and baby I don't find time to move dirt like I used to. I had forgotten how much fun it is. this is going to be a short but sweet blue-level downhill. I have about 30 feet done so far. there is a 15 foot rock section in the middle that I made extra wide with 3 different lines through the boulders, the rest is going to be bench cut with some nice boulders here and there to roll over and off of. this spot is near the entrance to my neighborhood and nicely tucked away so I'm confident it won't get spotted. I'm open to some ideas and if anyone lives in temecula CA I sure could use a hand! Beer
photo

photo

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 0:49 Quote
Last bridge on the uptrail. It is rideable but some parts need to be extended because it so steep...
New dimension of bridge building
  New dimension of bridge building Smile

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 9:49 Quote
winko wrote:
Last bridge on the uptrail. It is rideable but some parts need to be extended because it so steep...
New dimension of bridge building
  New dimension of bridge building Smile

Looking good!
Just a word of caution, make sure you bring the two logs close together and trim to get rid of the curved section. This is where the log will start rotting and there is a risk of breaking through with your tire. The image below should explain what I mean. This is easily done by running your saw blade between the logs over and over again and pushing both halves together while doing this. You'll be amazed how great the fit will be.

Pic for builders forum

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 5:57 Quote
photo

It's done Cry

But we are working on a new spot that is in a oak forest (not 100% sure it's oak).
Can someone tell me is oak good wood for building a roll in, if it is, how to treat it and all that.
The woods are in private property from my friend and he wants to build the jumps with a digger so we are going to have to cut down some trees anyways.

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 7:35 Quote
josip wrote:
photo

It's done Cry

But we are working on a new spot that is in a oak forest (not 100% sure it's oak).
Can someone tell me is oak good wood for building a roll in, if it is, how to treat it and all that.
The woods are in private property from my friend and he wants to build the jumps with a digger so we are going to have to cut down some trees anyways.

From my experience oak is reliable. Its super strong and durable so pretty perfect in that respect. As of how to treat it I don't know. I would say that you should be cutting oak down but if they gotta go anyway then so be it. tup

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 7:38 Quote
Kakva šteta Frown

About the oak, it is quite hard wood and is often used in construction but from my experience it does not resist moisture/rotting/aging outside really well, which is a problem because our objects are usually outside all the time... If you are forced to use oak, then make sure to raise the pillars off the ground... The best thing you can use is "Bagrem", that thing is very durable (might last longer than the trail) and is also quite common around here/there.

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 10:24 Quote
Be shame to cut the Oak trees down, could you not build around them in a more trails style of building as apposed to a straight set ?

I realise you are a very good builder and have probably considered this already, but for me personally I would never cut an Oak down I'd try to find away around it.

But then again I ride and build DH trails so width between trees and a quick diversion around a problem tree is not such a problem from my point of view as it would be for you.

They also will help with drainage massively, they drink 40 gallons a day or some thing crazy.

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 20:41 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Be shame to cut the Oak trees down, could you not build around them in a more trails style of building as apposed to a straight set ?

I realise you are a very good builder and have probably considered this already, but for me personally I would never cut an Oak down I'd try to find away around it.

But then again I ride and build DH trails so width between trees and a quick diversion around a problem tree is not such a problem from my point of view as it would be for you.

They also will help with drainage massively, they drink 40 gallons a day or some thing crazy.

That's a good point! I would suggest the same. I don't see many oak trees here in BC. Always loved oak growing up in Germany, such a special tree.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026538
Mobile Version of Website