Trails in progress, show us your building skill.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trails in progress, show us your building skill.
Posted: Jul 12, 2017 at 15:07 Quote
winko wrote:
My friends lost it a little bit while I was away...
They simply lost it...
Guessing the camera is facing down the trail? Looks sweet, is that a fruit bowl (or whale tail or whatever the cool kids call them nowadays) or just a bridge, never built any ladder stuff myself but looks really decent.

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 at 4:51 Quote
tom666 wrote:

Been building some jumps near my university with a few other guys. The basis of these jumps was already there but it was long overgrown and built a bit different. Pretty decent trail we have going now, need to get it going right down to the bottom.
is that shepshed leicester mate?

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 4:41 Quote
Having a Jam on 12th August if any of you want to come down to watch/ride etc. £5 to ride.

Be selling stuff to help fund or insurance. T-shirts, stickers, handmade pizza etc.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1311390585619239/

photo

Couple of Go-Pros through our popular lines.

Views: 217    Faves: 1    Comments: 3

Views: 137    Faves: 0    Comments: 2

Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 17:39 Quote
Sorry for the potato pic. Exposure is a little bit high. Anyways.. Here's my latest addition to the track I've been building for the past year and a bit. Have the track cleared top to bottom, so now working my way back up to the top and adding a few more features. Yet to trial the drop, but should be able to either this afternoon, or Sunday.
Potato pic of my latest project

Posted: Jul 29, 2017 at 5:44 Quote
Looks cool- How tall is it?

Posted: Jul 29, 2017 at 9:23 Quote
nice, trails between pine grove are my favorites

Posted: Jul 29, 2017 at 15:22 Quote
jackoconnor wrote:
roughly 7 foot standing next to it. Not too sure about from lip to landing though. Pretty stoked how it turned out though since this was solo built.

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 1:54 Quote
That must have taken a while- How did you get the poles to stay in the ground without falling over?
christianridesbikes wrote:
jackoconnor wrote:
roughly 7 foot standing next to it. Not too sure about from lip to landing though. Pretty stoked how it turned out though since this was solo built.

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 2:10 Quote
jackoconnor wrote:
That must have taken a while- How did you get the poles to stay in the ground without falling over?
jackoconnor wrote:
Dig a fairly deep hole, put post in, pack around with couple big rocks, then a few smaller ones and then pack the dirt pack in as tight as possible. Not sure if that's the method used here but I've used it before

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 2:34 Quote
jackoconnor wrote:
jackoconnor wrote:
they're all dug in a fair way so they all stayed in place just fine. As for build time it wasn't as long as I expected, most of it was just finding the right bits of wood since its all deadfall and working on the decking.

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 7:06 Quote
Thanks for the tips guys -I will try that next time I build a drop off. I have always placed the pole in the hole and then used dirt to fill in the extra space.

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 7:39 Quote
18 inches is the standard. If you tamp the dirt down every few inches and don't build when the dirt is too wet it will hold up fine.

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 16:40 Quote
jackoconnor wrote:
they're all dug in a fair way so they all stayed in place just fine. As for build time it wasn't as long as I expected, most of it was just finding the right bits of wood since its all deadfall and working on the decking.

where is this? looks sick

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026688
Mobile Version of Website