Trails in progress, show us your building skill.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trails in progress, show us your building skill.
Posted: May 21, 2018 at 12:38 Quote
almostwise wrote:
I assumed it was a pizza oven lol
me tooBig Grin

O+
Posted: May 22, 2018 at 1:29 Quote
Are they in Wharncliffe or somewhere else? Public or secret?

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 7:26 Quote
JamesOliver wrote:

Yeah, in Wharncliffe. Hard to explain where but if you use the 'segment explorer' on Strava and look for 'wharncouver' and should be able to find it. Not sure where the stuff in British pie is, know roughly I suppose but not had a look for it.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 14:08 Quote
That spot does look great. Gap is crazy I'm torn on if I'd hit it or not!

Next time you go take more pics for us please

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 4:16 Quote
JamesOliver wrote:

Wharncliffe area. You can pedal there pretty easily from the Grenoside.

I believe Grenoside is public. Wharny is secret but relatively widely known and their existence seems to be accepted - similar to the trails in Peaslake in the Surrey Hills.

Thepureface wrote:
That spot does look great. Gap is crazy I'm torn on if I'd hit it or not!

Next time you go take more pics for us please

The photo makes it look smaller and less steep than it is in real life. It's a very daunting jump.

I went there with 2 guys who are both pretty good. All of us do a fair amount of jumping. We ran into it a few times but the consensus was f*ck that for now. If I could follow somebody in I'd probably do it - but we just didn't know the speed and the consequences if you went too far or not far enough could be pretty dire. There was quite a few gaps that day none of us could seem to get over which didn't fill us with confidence. Next time.

I have a few more pics but they don't really do the features any justice. I'll get some better photos soon.

Posted: May 24, 2018 at 8:56 Quote
Haha ya I know that feeling, I get it by looking at That gap. If the pic makes it look smaller then it is... Then nah I'm not sending it

looking forward to those pictures

Posted: Jul 15, 2018 at 3:10 Quote
Shovel over Saw Wink

photo

photo
#reclaimthetrail

Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 19:42 Quote
could be worse...
photo
photo

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 6:44 Quote
dedmann wrote:
could be worse...
photo
photo

Nit too shabby. Looks like great landscape for riding but really hard to dig. Are you out there digging in the summer you maniac?

Posted: Jul 23, 2018 at 7:11 Quote
its really tough building here. the rock and heat is relentless..... all the dirt has to be bucketed in. if it wasnt for the b.o.b. carrying Guinness & various other beverages; i couldn't do it. Monsoon rains destroyed a segment of connector trail and i need this built before our annual race.

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 7:43 Quote
Pump track is just about finished

First off, sick work by a lot of you on here.

Finally got my small backyard pump track dialed in and running. Perfect mix of fun for my friends and I and my two boys, 4 years old and 2 years old.

We have a small line of 2 doubles being built on the hill behind this if you look close. Bottom jump is going to be a wood kicker with a big landing for practicing some tricks. Now that the heavy lifting on the pump track is finished I can put more time into the jump line. Beer

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 8:14 Quote
well done! i love seeing peoples backyard fun zones..... and all that beautiful dirt! glorious packable dirt!

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 14:53 Quote
Your a great dad buildin the kids that!
Looks good

Posted: Jul 25, 2018 at 10:01 Quote
Appreciate it guys!

@dedmann the dirt is a good mix of sand and clay, lots of aggregate in it though so I built a small sieve that uses a 2x4 frame that fits over my wheel barrow. I have a 4'x2' sled that rides on top of the frame with 1/4" stainless mesh and casters so you can roll it back and forth. This has worked great to get the dirt super workable but man is it a workout! I'll get some more pictures up this weekend hopefully.

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 10:39 Quote
Havent posted here in ages because there wasnt much time to spare really, this year we've been building like crazy...
In the first part of the year we've first rebuilt our local trails, new section of uptrail, rebuild main line and managed to built 80% of entirely new trail, then we organized uci c1 xc race and had to build many new sections for the race, it was pretty gnarly on the descents and uphills were crazy, this was early in the season so we had some really fast guys including winner of xco andorra Kerschbaumer and pretty much everyone said it was crazy race.

And then the biggest thing, we've taken over a local bikepark, I've been in the crew since the beginning like 10 years ago but now I'm finally the boss Cool Turns out running a bikepark is a freaking nightmare, sooo much work. With some complications with the lift it wasnt even running last year so it took us like 1000 working hours just to get it in shape to ride... Ok this includes construction of completely new green line through some treacherous terrain, there are still some improvements needed but at least the wheels are turning and we are making some money haha. Thought we will be improving the trails all the time but there is sooo much maintenance needed just to keep them safe its crazy.
Well here are some lines ridden by a friend of mine if anyone is interested:

New green line

Freeride aint dead

Handbuild bikepark line

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033496
Mobile Version of Website