Trails in progress, show us your building skill.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trails in progress, show us your building skill.
Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 9:29 Quote
photo
Trail builders in my area are getting lonely

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 10:42 Quote
Probably not a good request assuming MTB is the sausage party there that it is here.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 12:42 Quote
Hands-for-Maps wrote:
photo
Trail builders in my area are getting lonely

Cburg?

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 15:57 Quote
Sure is! This got a hell of laugh outta me

Posted: Nov 13, 2018 at 17:03 Quote
https://www.instagram.com/urbandirty/p/Bp_0F70HpMy/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1irajt0na2ktc

A before and after of a creek drainage crossing me and the jagged axe trail designs crew worked on a few days ago. Eureka Springs, arkansas

Posted: Nov 16, 2018 at 22:33 Quote
start drop on the line i'm building... lots of time splitting wood for this one.
coming soon

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 2:48 Quote
That woodwork looks absolutely perfect, how wide is the landing?

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 11:13 Quote
m-boltz wrote:
start drop on the line i'm building... lots of time splitting wood for this one.
coming soon

How do you split the boards so evenly, is it really only a cedar thing, b/c i see it all the time in BC but nowhere else. I was just planning on an alaskan mill to make board for my next trail, but if i could split them thatd be awesome, lot less resources.

Posted: Nov 17, 2018 at 20:27 Quote
justinhoelzl wrote:
m-boltz wrote:
coming soon

How do you split the boards so evenly, is it really only a cedar thing, b/c i see it all the time in BC but nowhere else. I was just planning on an alaskan mill to make board for my next trail, but if i could split them thatd be awesome, lot less resources.
White pine works fine too.
Edit: Maybe doesn't last as long.

Posted: Nov 18, 2018 at 21:10 Quote
justinhoelzl wrote:
m-boltz wrote:
coming soon

splitting cedar is an art... this took lots of practise. From my experience i've found the best is the old dry wood, it splits like a charm. I usually use the thick end of my wedge for a ballpark on how thick to split it. You also have to see the direction of the wood grain and split with it... Also cedar last the longest because it naturally resists bacteria growth - This landing is 7' wide

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 5:18 Quote
m-boltz wrote:
justinhoelzl wrote:
m-boltz wrote:
start drop on the line i'm building... lots of time splitting wood for this one. *snip*

splitting cedar is an art... this took lots of practise. From my experience i've found the best is the old dry wood, it splits like a charm. I usually use the thick end of my wedge for a ballpark on how thick to split it. You also have to see the direction of the wood grain and split with it... Also cedar last the longest because it naturally resists bacteria growth - This landing is 7' wide

You probably dont want too wide of wedges cause it will yank on it too hard and not want to break in a linear fashion right?

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 15:08 Quote
Started building with a digger for the first time at the weekend, worked out allright shape wise but I judged the scale just so wrong, the jump itself feels alright but could be bigger, but the gap for the landing and landing size was just all wrong, the whole thing just needs to be increased in size really, but i'm not too sure how to go about it. I think i'm going to shift the landing forward and to the right (from lip view), but any thoughts or general digger tips are appreciated.

Getting building..
Views: 156    Faves: 0    Comments: 4

Sorry for the shitty video by the way

Posted: Nov 19, 2018 at 21:44 Quote
justinhoelzl wrote:
m-boltz wrote:
justinhoelzl wrote:

You probably dont want too wide of wedges cause it will yank on it too hard and not want to break in a linear fashion right?

yup! i've found the best thing to use it two small hatchets, the plastic wedges don't last long

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 3:44 Quote
Use the mini ex to create bigger piles of dirt.

Boltz- that drop is sick. How many feet down is it?

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 12:37 Quote
m-boltz wrote:
justinhoelzl wrote:
m-boltz wrote:
coming soon

really good work...art work!Camera
I like that the surrounding area wasn't damagedSalute

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027275
Mobile Version of Website