Trails in progress, show us your building skill.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trails in progress, show us your building skill.
Posted: May 11, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
p3dirtjumpernz wrote:
recklessness wrote:
I feel dumb asking this since I have been on here since 2007, but how do you post a photo on the mobile version? I know how to upload to my profile, but that's it.

I will happily post the trails I have been building at home if I can figure it out. Thanks!

I don’t know if you can,
At the bottom of the page there’s a link that takes u the desktop version of the site, I use that to upload photos from my phone.
The same link takes u back to the mobile version too
If you're on an iphone, if you click the Aa symbol at the top right of the Safari browser you can request the desktop site which will let you post a photo.

Posted: May 11, 2020 at 15:24 Quote
recklessness wrote:
I feel dumb asking this since I have been on here since 2007, but how do you post a photo on the mobile version? I know how to upload to my profile, but that's it.

I will happily post the trails I have been building at home if I can figure it out. Thanks!

Go to photos, then below POD there is an upload photos link. You can upload from there then embed the usual way for PB images

Posted: May 11, 2020 at 16:06 Quote
Wow, I may have to go on a computer for this. I will figure it out and eventually post my backyard jumps.

No filler James!

Posted: May 11, 2020 at 19:11 Quote
Hey, any tips on good places to dig a small jump trail. This would be my first build and can't really go to some vacant field or community woods because I live in suburbia. There are a few spots underneath powerlines where neighbors can't see and snitch on me. I really want to build trails ,and I really respect those of you who do, but so many people in my neighborhood would just ruin it.

Posted: May 11, 2020 at 19:49 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Hey, any tips on good places to dig a small jump trail. This would be my first build and can't really go to some vacant field or community woods because I live in suburbia. There are a few spots underneath powerlines where neighbors can't see and snitch on me. I really want to build trails ,and I really respect those of you who do, but so many people in my neighborhood would just ruin it.
you should start in your backyard, or friends backyard. Learn the secrets of dirt there, and then start out legal. Work with your local trail asociation and help them out. Dont worry dude, youll find the secret lines, and make some of your own, but it takes experience. With time, youll learn how to make that perfect lip.

Posted: May 11, 2020 at 23:32 Quote
recklessness wrote:
Wow, I may have to go on a computer for this. I will figure it out and eventually post my backyard jumps.

No filler James!

You don’t, I have uploaded from my phone just fine

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 0:13 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
recklessness wrote:

Go to photos, then below POD there is an upload photos link. You can upload from there then embed the usual way for PB images

Well there’s a blast from the past! Miss you fellas that’s for sure!

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 0:33 Quote
Clearly both matured as no argument ensued

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 1:06 Quote
f*ck, been a while hey.

I’m still digging at the same spot, and got a second spot on the go as of a month ago. Am busy boy.

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 4:40 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
recklessness wrote:

No filler James!

You don’t, I have uploaded from my phone just fine
I uploaded a few build pics a couple weeks ago and also for buy/sell ads, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post uploaded pics in a forum. I have gone full retard I guess. Thanks for the help though. Eventually I will just do it from my comp I think. Building a small jump/pump line in the yard. Waiting on parts to be able to test it.

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 5:01 Quote
That was really difficult for me to post. Nothing huge, just a pump track with gaps really. I used sod strategically so grass will grow on the sides and back. The line starts from my front door.
photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 8:01 Quote
That looks awesome dude! Buttery looking man.

I'm a big fan of slabbing turfs of grass on the backs and sides of my jumps too, it's kinda my trade mark haha, armors them if people ride off the side etc, I also find the jumps hold more moisture in summer after a rain and helps stop them crumbling and also helps hide them if you are building where you shouldn't, or just want the trails to a bit harder to find.

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 10:40 Quote
recklessness wrote:
That was really difficult for me to post. Nothing huge, just a pump track with gaps really. I used sod strategically so grass will grow on the sides and back. The line starts from my front door.
photo

photo

photo

photo
Yeah man, that looks amazing! You’re way better than I ever will be at carving out the sides, that’s for sure!

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 12:56 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Or actually you should come out to Ca! The plane ticket would be hella cheap, and I’m actually looking for someone to help me out with a new pump track, and flow trail! I could teach you everything you would need to know, and within a week, we could have things done! Smile

Posted: May 12, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
recklessness wrote:
photo

photo

photo

photo

Nice work Reck

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.046484
Mobile Version of Website