The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 18:19 Quote
2 days to ride isn't enough! You probably should do 1 day out of the park, but if you've never ridden here before 2 days in the park would be awesome too, it's pretty unique

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 19:16 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
2 days to ride isn't enough! You probably should do 1 day out of the park, but if you've never ridden here before 2 days in the park would be awesome too, it's pretty unique
I know!! I wish i could stay longer but unfortunately 2 days is all I have. I haven't been before so Im thinking since I'm riding my trail bike in squamish i might just stick to the bike park

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 21:02 Quote
S-nicholas wrote:
kevin267 wrote:
I know!! I wish i could stay longer but unfortunately 2 days is all I have. I haven't been before so Im thinking since I'm riding my trail bike in squamish i might just stick to the bike park

yeah i would do two days in the park, you will obviously get way more laps in and the park has more than enough terrain to keep you interested.

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 23:11 Quote
Weighing options for new bikes and the YT Capra AL is on the short list. Only problem is figuring out what size I would order as I'm in between... oh the joys of direct-to-consumer. Anybody have a size M or L that I could swing a leg over and pedal around a parking lot? It'll get ya a cold bevy or two!

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 7:15 Quote
Anybody know if anything is rideable in Whistler right now? I'm coming to Whis next Thurs-Sunday and our crew is only going to ski 1 or 2 days, and I'm going to have my bike with me anyways (getting some suspension work done at Vorsprung). Would like to get out for a rip. Our lower trails here in Vancouver are rideable and pretty fun right now, even if they're pretty wet. I've heard some of Squamish is ok too. Anyone know?

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 8:23 Quote
Everything is very far from rideable this year. Squamish is clearing up fast, but a lot of the trails are susceptible to damage at this point.

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 11:38 Quote
luckbox wrote:
Everything is very far from rideable this year. Squamish is clearing up fast, but a lot of the trails are susceptible to damage at this point.

Figured so. Thanks for the info!

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 12:40 Quote
loamlover wrote:
Weighing options for new bikes and the YT Capra AL is on the short list. Only problem is figuring out what size I would order as I'm in between... oh the joys of direct-to-consumer. Anybody have a size M or L that I could swing a leg over and pedal around a parking lot? It'll get ya a cold bevy or two!
they have a shop in squamish .... Give em a call

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 13:09 Quote
stevil-1 wrote:
loamlover wrote:

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 14:10 Quote
loamlover wrote:
stevil-1 wrote:
loamlover wrote:

Thanks!

^^ This. Talk to JM who runs YT Canada, he has some demo/show room bikes in Squamish that you can sit on for sizing. I think once the trails melt out you can actually demo the bikes for a day and it comes off your purchase. I was in the same situation with you but with the Jeffsy 27. Ended up sizing up to large and will probably drop the stem from 60mm to 40mm if it feels too long. I went short on my last bike and regretted it, never again!

He's a super helpful guy.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 17:10 Quote
gramboh wrote:
loamlover wrote:
stevil-1 wrote:

Thanks!

^^ This. Talk to JM who runs YT Canada, he has some demo/show room bikes in Squamish that you can sit on for sizing. I think once the trails melt out you can actually demo the bikes for a day and it comes off your purchase. I was in the same situation with you but with the Jeffsy 27. Ended up sizing up to large and will probably drop the stem from 60mm to 40mm if it feels too long. I went short on my last bike and regretted it, never again!

I got in touch with him and he is indeed helpful!

Posted: Mar 17, 2017 at 17:14 Quote
loamlover wrote:
gramboh wrote:
loamlover wrote:

Thanks!

I got in touch with him and he is indeed helpful!

JM is the man! He'll help you out. Sometimes hard to contact though. Dude is busy.

Posted: Mar 19, 2017 at 16:12 Quote
loamlover wrote:

How tall are you?

I have a Jeffsy and the sizing is similar. I would say 5'10 and over go large.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 18:51 Quote
hey guys

heading over to whistler in September, heard that they shut off some of the lifts during the week and only run Fitz? does this depend on the weather or is it set in concrete every season?

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 19:18 Quote
philstraker wrote:
hey guys

heading over to whistler in September, heard that they shut off some of the lifts during the week and only run Fitz? does this depend on the weather or is it set in concrete every season?

Lift scheduling is done well ahead of time to ensure the the lifts get the annual maintenance that they need to run through the winter. The gondola is open until sight seeing stops so that is the date you want to look for. usually everything is still open early September but with reduced hours due to the shorter days. Later in the month less is open. Some years we start getting snow in garbo late September but it usually doesn't stick around.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.088540
Mobile Version of Website