The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: May 21, 2017 at 12:10 Quote
Falling wrote:
I saw a couple of videos with the new A Line exit. Does that mean the GLC Drops are officially gone? If so feels like an iconic piece of Whistler history has gone. I definitely got applause once when I entertained the patio with a yard sale...

The drop is gone, but it's been replaced with a very nice and smooth large table top, and the landing is in good view of the GLC patio, I'd almost say it's better.

Posted: May 21, 2017 at 12:12 Quote
I'm up here now and the lines are super long, 20 minute waits in the singles line. Don't know how much worse it'll be tomorrow

Posted: May 21, 2017 at 15:15 Quote
Maarrk wrote:
Falling wrote:
I saw a couple of videos with the new A Line exit. Does that mean the GLC Drops are officially gone? If so feels like an iconic piece of Whistler history has gone. I definitely got applause once when I entertained the patio with a yard sale...

The drop is gone, but it's been replaced with a very nice and smooth large table top, and the landing is in good view of the GLC patio, I'd almost say it's better.
Worse.

Posted: May 21, 2017 at 16:39 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Maarrk wrote:
Falling wrote:

Worse.

Really? Damn, I like it!

O+
Posted: May 21, 2017 at 17:52 Quote
Ya so much better than the 6in glc drop of the last 2 years. Not even close

Posted: May 21, 2017 at 22:36 Quote
StanMarsh wrote:

You could still have made it a bigger drop with some speed. Bit I suppose they're trying to avoid a lawsuit or 2.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2017 at 7:46 Quote
I am looking for riding buddies this year!

I will be in Whistler from June 18 to July 12, but my friends could not come this year, so I am going solo to the bike park... If anyone plans to ride between these dates, let me know!

Cheers,

Caio

Posted: May 23, 2017 at 0:50 Quote
Maarrk wrote:
StanMarsh wrote:

You could still have made it a bigger drop with some speed. Bit I suppose they're trying to avoid a lawsuit or 2.

I'd take the old drop any day - they've also mangled monkey hands and hornet to make that exit - and not sure what will become of lower canadian dh exit either..

O+
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 6:57 Quote
jeremylegere wrote:
Maarrk wrote:
StanMarsh wrote:

I'd take the old drop any day - they've also mangled monkey hands and hornet to make that exit - and not sure what will become of lower canadian dh exit either..
saw lots of bad crashes at the new exit this weekend, including a guy that was knocked out and approaching riders can't see the landing so you have riders coming down on injured riders. Monkey hands is getting way too much traffic now.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 10:14 Quote
Monkey hands and Canadian open will be addressed before long. The current exit is a temporary solution.

Posted: May 23, 2017 at 13:31 Quote
Hey boys. Wondering if anybody has any rental suggestions for around the park? We usually camp outside of town but we wanna do something special for a lads bachelor party. Thanks.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 14:06 Quote
New A-line finishing jump is big and floaty, I think it's a way better show than the final version of the GLC drop. Reece Wallace threw a front flip on it (first attempt was a crash: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUX9T7Ig9pX/?taken-by=reece_wallace&hl=en). Lots of carnage on Sunday as others were saying.

Hats off to nickel and trail crew (and volunteer diggers). I was blown away how well things are running considering how much snow there was a few weeks back. Sunday was really busy but yesterday I was riding onto the lift in the singles line. Only made it until 3pm before I had to quit.

nickel: anything changing on lower half of Schleyer or just maintenance?

O+
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 16:41 Quote
gramboh wrote:

nickel: anything changing on lower half of Schleyer or just maintenance?

Just wet spots that would swallow a person whole. Will be ready soon.

Posted: May 23, 2017 at 16:42 Quote
nickel wrote:
Monkey hands and Canadian open will be addressed before long. The current exit is a temporary solution.

That's good news - look forward to it.

O+
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 17:45 Quote
nickel wrote:
thanks for the update nickel! And thanks for all your work! Trails are running great!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028330
Mobile Version of Website