The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 13:40 Quote
i just noticed 'blueberry bathtub" whats up with that?

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 16:00 Quote
goytay wrote:
i just noticed 'blueberry bathtub" whats up with that?

Blue trail from end of fatcrobat to top of fitz. 2.3 km, like a machine built ninja cougar. Hopefully about 1/1.5 weeks out. Mostly built last year, just fixing some drainage issues.

O+
Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 16:27 Quote
Trail crew been hustling! Waiting on a shock rebuild before I can get up there again.

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 14:48 Quote
Gonna be one of my last questions lol, is there much of a difference in shop prices between Vancouver and Whistler? Especially regarding Chromag components?

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 15:45 Quote
szot123 wrote:
Gonna be one of my last questions lol, is there much of a difference in shop prices between Vancouver and Whistler? Especially regarding Chromag components?

Thanks!

Best way to do it would be to drop by Chromag directly and look for a sale. Shop prices will be the same. Chromag components are highly coveted

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 17:53 Quote
leelau wrote:
szot123 wrote:

Thanks!

Best way to do it would be to drop by Chromag directly and look for a sale. Shop prices will be the same. Chromag components are highly coveted

Ya go to the chromag shop!

They are all the same price from shop to shop here

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 18:18 Quote
Will do then! Shop is actually really close by to where I'd be staying at.

Thanks guys!

Cheers

Posted: Jun 27, 2017 at 20:43 Quote
supercollider wrote:
Where do you all recommend getting a rental/demo bike in the village? Looks like about a million shops, half of which demo norcos. First time going up there, first time on a DH bike. God help me.
Bike Co is pretty good. They are in the IGA Marketplace complex. You can rent a DH bike for $119 a day, which is cheaper than some other shops. I rented a Wilson a few weeks ago & it was fine. 4370 Lorimer Road, Whistler.

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 12:18 Quote
always bring my bike to whistler i don't see the point to pay 119$ a day.

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 12:49 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
supercollider wrote:
Where do you all recommend getting a rental/demo bike in the village? Looks like about a million shops, half of which demo norcos. First time going up there, first time on a DH bike. God help me.
Bike Co is pretty good. They are in the IGA Marketplace complex. You can rent a DH bike for $119 a day, which is cheaper than some other shops. I rented a Wilson a few weeks ago & it was fine. 4370 Lorimer Road, Whistler.

Thanks dude!

Posted: Jun 28, 2017 at 18:41 Quote
St1234 wrote:
always bring my bike to whistler i don't see the point to pay 119$ a day.

Broken bike before the trip/ mid trip . Wanting to try a specific model , not actually owning a proper dh bike. Lots of reasons to pay the 120$ Off the top of my head

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 13:25 Quote
Of all the Hostels, which do you guys recommend when it comes to a decent place to park my truck and has storage for a bike?

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 13:28 Quote
I pay the 120$ or what ever it is just to ride and try different bikes. Rode the new Norco the other day and it was a blast.

Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 22:06 Quote
brncr6 wrote:
I pay the 120$ or what ever it is just to ride and try different bikes. Rode the new Norco the other day and it was a blast.
That is definitely a good idea especially if you are looking to buy a new bike. Some places you can even rent one bike for a half day & then rent a different bike for the other half.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2017 at 22:06 Quote
Maarrk wrote:
Of all the Hostels, which do you guys recommend when it comes to a decent place to park my truck and has storage for a bike?
hi hostel.free parking and storage for bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017827
Mobile Version of Website