The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 14:28 Quote
nickel wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

I'm a heavy equipment operator. I do this for a living lol. I used to run a grader at a landfill smoothing out roads all day and currently I build roads several kms long for rock truck haul roads. They don't need to add material Every time. Just a light pass to get rid of debris and smooth out bumps. Wouldn't take too much time.

Good for you. Expressway is full of cross ditches that winter ops will get very upset about if you fill them in with a grader. Also, a large proportion of it is made of blast rock so enjoy grading that without bringing in material. It's also quite steep for driving a grader. There's a truck and buggy access road right next to expressway that gets graded once a year, check it out for a sneak preview of how smooth it stays. We're not driving a grader down all of expressway for a number of reasons and your assumption that it's easy and doesn't take much time or cost much money is laughable. when we did actually do something along these lines and bring rock truck loads of dirt and grade portions of expressway and bearcub, you should have heard the operator and rock truck drivers bitching. They didn't think it was easy, I promise.

Props to all these trail builders. I get it, just like any job - people on the outside assume there must be an easier way. WBP does an amazing job. Agree an easier option to creekside would be great. Now if they could find a magic bullet to rid Blue Velvet of brake bumps!!! Thanks for all the work you do @nickel

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 14:41 Quote
Magic bullet.. Mine is to ride trails other than blue velvet. I never find doing a top to bottom blue velvet lap that great, gotta mix it with others up there.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 15:36 Quote
Una Moss (from Garbo), B-line, Fantastic to C-More and Family Cross is the way to hit blue jump lines while avoiding the bad brake bumps. Although they just rebuilt upper Crank it Up so it must be running sweet.

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 15:49 Quote
Hey nickel, I have been down freight train a couple times this year and the connex boxes were closed. I'm wonder why that is? I love hitting that part of the trail.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 16:06 Quote
MrReddington wrote:
Hey nickel, I have been down freight train a couple times this year and the connex boxes were closed. I'm wonder why that is? I love hitting that part of the trail.

You'll have to make your peace with not being able to as the containers are falling apart and caving in. In all likelihood they will be removed at some point and in the interim we may remove the takeoff so people stop dropping the rope and poaching it.

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 19:21 Quote
nickel wrote:
MrReddington wrote:

You'll have to make your peace with not being able to as the containers are falling apart and caving in. In all likelihood they will be removed at some point and in the interim we may remove the takeoff so people stop dropping the rope and poaching it.

Has there been talk about creating an alternative for the connex boxes? If so I assume for next year? I just really like the different ways to have fun, hate to see it go but glad I hit it before it ended.

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 17:46 Quote
On a totally different topic, where can I get one or both of these?

photo

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 17:49 Quote
Stainer wrote:

photo

GBB?

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 22:16 Quote
Stainer wrote:

photo
. Saw some at the whistler clearance centre in the village maybe a week ago.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 3:46 Quote
I'm looking for a trail-sign of "InDeep" and "FreightTrain". When I was in WBP two weeks ago all signs at GBB were sold out..can anyone help ? Wink thnx

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 4:28 Quote
Is anyone going to be riding during closing weekend? Looking for some people to ride with.

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 9:27 Quote
xtcccc wrote:
I'm looking for a trail-sign of "InDeep" and "FreightTrain". When I was in WBP two weeks ago all signs at GBB were sold out..can anyone help ? Wink thnx

Try the clearance ctr in the village, or the one in squamish.

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 9:28 Quote
MrReddington wrote:
Is anyone going to be riding during closing weekend? Looking for some people to ride with.

I'll be there, but im sure you dont want to ride with and old man.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 11:14 Quote
goytay wrote:
...difficult...I'm back in europe Wink

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 11:50 Quote
xtcccc wrote:
goytay wrote:
...difficult...I'm back in europe Wink

Sorry!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032593
Mobile Version of Website