The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 16:53 Quote
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:
gramboh wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Planning a trip out this year! Haven't been for 6 years..

What's the craziest newest stuff in terms of wood features and trails?
Anything been closed down or retired aside from the freight train container?

Top 5 favourite features in the bike park?

For me top 5 is still the classics like Schleyer, A-Line, Detroit Rock City, In Deep and No Joke.

I agree w/ you all the originals are still my favorites in WBP, bunch of great new stuff also though...

Crack Addict Wink

Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 19:07 Quote
Stainer wrote:
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:
gramboh wrote:

For me top 5 is still the classics like Schleyer, A-Line, Detroit Rock City, In Deep and No Joke.

I agree w/ you all the originals are still my favorites in WBP, bunch of great new stuff also though...

Crack Addict Wink

Lol! And crabapple got bigger....

Posted: Apr 30, 2018 at 23:17 Quote
Anyone wana fill me in on why the container jump is closed/ Not gona be used??

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 3:28 Quote
joe1989 wrote:
Apparently the roof is rotting away and unsafe to be on top. One of the guys on this forum is on the trail crew and he's been great keeping us posted on trail changes and reasonings for such.

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 5:42 Quote
What about fade to black? Is it still there?

No wood on crack addict anymore?

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 7:06 Quote
Fade to black is still there. Crack addict is now called polp fiction and still has the skinny. Dirt Merchant is one of my favorite trails, Schlyer is also really fun.

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 8:42 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
joe1989 wrote:
Apparently the roof is rotting away and unsafe to be on top. One of the guys on this forum is on the trail crew and he's been great keeping us posted on trail changes and reasonings for such.

Thanks. Just started a gofundme for a new shipping container for whistler since they are so expensive and rare Frown

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 11:35 Quote
MrReddington wrote:
Fade to black is still there. Crack addict is now called polp fiction and still has the skinny. Dirt Merchant is one of my favorite trails, Schlyer is also really fun.

Dirt merchant and schlyer are great. Thanks for the info

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 12:06 Quote
fgiraffe wrote:
Speaking of "places to stay":

Move over Vancouver, Whistler is now Canada’s craziest housing market

http://vancouversun.com/real-estate/whistler-now-tops-vancouver-as-canadas-craziest-housing-market/wcm/76f7a2b2-7b0d-412a-9789-fd805c6c3719

Lol I'm seeing a picture of Jasper on the article

Posted: May 1, 2018 at 23:25 Quote
Headed up to Whistler this week for work and unsure of snow levels, worth bringing up the trail bike?

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 0:13 Quote
funkyfunpuff wrote:
Headed up to Whistler this week for work and unsure of snow levels, worth bringing up the trail bike?
yup! Most lower trails are open. Can also hit Squamish

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 9:14 Quote
No more container Madder , I always thought the trail was named after that section, few friends were planing on hitting that this year as they were being Girls last time out lol.

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 10:08 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
funkyfunpuff wrote:

Thx!

Posted: May 2, 2018 at 10:29 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
funkyfunpuff wrote:

Particularly the trails closer to Creekside. Still a ton of blowdown on lower West Side trails and Alpine trails too. Zappas are good to go for the most part

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022766
Mobile Version of Website