The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Author Message
Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 16:09 Quote
Sweet good to hear! I'm still skipping this weekend. I dunno wtf happened but my wrist is in so much pain after last weekend in whistler. I just did 2 laps in Delta and went home.

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 16:13 Quote
goytay wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
Ya weather is shit this summer. Totally unexpected. I'm gonna bring out the trail bike and hit up whistler next weekend. Hopefully it clears up.

Radar looks ok for tomorrow, might be some wet spots on the hill esp in garbo, but who knows, im going anyway.
just rode park today. park running good. Garbo was pretty sloppy with lot us of puddles. Lots of soft spots on freight train, looks like they did some trail maintenance on a few spots. Fitz running good. Good day for Aline and DM. Tech stuff pretty slick. Rode through the rain storm. Looks like it's done raining for the day. Top of Aline closed, some trail maintenance under the chair and looks like they are putting in another small squirrel catcher at the top, just a small ladder drop thingy. Maybe I will get enough balls to prehop it haha!

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 19:39 Quote
Was lower FT/Duffman from containers open? Wonder what they were working on.

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 20:32 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Was lower FT/Duffman from containers open? Wonder what they were working on.
Opened mid afternoon yesterday. Just some maintenance.

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 21:00 Quote
Wahhhh it's raining.
Wahhhh there hasn't been enough rain.

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 21:09 Quote
xTwoSnakesx wrote:
Wahhhh it's raining.
Wahhhh there hasn't been enough rain.

Yea Really eh!

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 21:25 Quote
Haha I'm not complaining. I'm glad it's raining. Last summer was treacherous since it was so dry. If it wasn't for my wrist I'd do whistler tomorrow.

Posted: Jun 30, 2018 at 22:03 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Haha I'm not complaining. I'm glad it's raining. Last summer was treacherous since it was so dry. If it wasn't for my wrist I'd do whistler tomorrow.

SUCK IT UP!!

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 18:53 Quote
Hows the lineups this weekend? Want to go up tomorrow but not if the lines are going to be insane. Would be singles line. Thx

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 19:28 Quote
Brian1014 wrote:
Hows the lineups this weekend? Want to go up tomorrow but not if the lines are going to be insane. Would be singles line. Thx

Lines were fine today, just got back, trails were tacky, EXCEPT DELAYED FUSE!!!!, HOLY COW!! the mud is epic, went OTB TWICE!!, anyway Earth Circus is mint, pass the Advil.

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 20:26 Quote
goytay wrote:
EXCEPT DELAYED FUSE!!!!, HOLY COW!! the mud is epic, went OTB TWICE!!
that trails nasty in the wet

Posted: Jul 1, 2018 at 23:00 Quote
It’s good practice for riding greasy roots! Soft enough trail surface/surrounding area that crashes are pretty low consequence so you can give ‘er. I just feel bad for how messed up it’s getting.

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 19:08 Quote
Super lame question, but if any of you are using tubeless dhr2 which model? Model # would be even better. I'm asking in the whis thread because it's for the DH bike and no other place destroys tires so fast

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 19:16 Quote
makripper wrote:
Super lame question, but if any of you are using tubeless dhr2 which model? Model # would be even better. I'm asking in the whis thread because it's for the DH bike and no other place destroys tires so fast

You can run the wire bead DH casing tubeless. I had pretty good success with mine. I just swapped them out and it was a pain getting them off. Sealed up really well.

Posted: Jul 4, 2018 at 19:50 Quote
Some of the corners in Southpark were a little soft today. Earth Circus is a masterpiece.

The Southpark-Earth Circus combo is going to be super rad. Like a non-stop, lift-serviced, Whistler version of Half Nelson > Pseudo-Tsuga. Awesome.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015811
Mobile Version of Website