The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 18:57 Quote
LOTS is open! Watch the bits of snow on On the Rocks and be respectful. LESS is not open yet, please don’t poach it!

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 19:22 Quote
Sun2306 wrote:
LOTS is open! Watch the bits of snow on On the Rocks and be respectful. LESS is not open yet, please don’t poach it!
Sick! Happy hour too?

Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 19:41 Quote
Happy hour not yet. Still got 1m 2m patches on N facing

O+
Posted: Jul 19, 2018 at 20:55 Quote
Rmow trailforks update says happy hour too. Probably some snow patches, we'll see.

Update, rode it. Much more snow on 'on the rocks' than happy hour, only a couple patches on happy hour. We made an effort to walk across the snow rather than ride through the brush around the snow, hopefully more follow our tracks...

Good times all around though!

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 1:23 Quote
I know I'm a bit late but finally rode earth circus. WOW. Unbelievable trail. Didn't think I'd have fun on a flow trail without jumps but this is by far my favourite. Only rode it once as it was my last lap but I need to go back. Seems like there's many different lines to choose.

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 7:36 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
I know I'm a bit late but finally rode earth circus. WOW. Unbelievable trail. Didn't think I'd have fun on a flow trail without jumps but this is by far my favourite. Only rode it once as it was my last lap but I need to go back. Seems like there's many different lines to choose.

I love how playful it is. So much cheap little air all over the trail

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 7:42 Quote
Scrubby scrub scrub.

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 9:29 Quote
leelau wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

I love how playful it is. So much cheap little air all over the trail

Yea eh!, cant wait for Mid guard to open!!

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 9:36 Quote
I like how the different builders have different styles, Insomnia has tighter/taller berms so you focus on your lines and railing, Earth Circus has more sweepers and uphills into fall away corners or whatever you call them. Sneaky doubles around and just awesome grading so you don't need to brake. Didn't get a chance to ride Southpark yet because I always duck into Delayed Fuse which is so much faster now, must have been a shitload of work done in the last few weeks there. Thanks nickel et al.

Also thanks for the work on BC's Trail this spring. Some holes filled and transitions built to make it flow better. Did a TOTW/RDS/BC's Trail/Earth Circus on the weekend, that was a workout.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 9:57 Quote
Trail crew is doing a great job this year. For the first time ever, heart of darkness is actually smooth!

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 14:58 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
For the first time ever, heart of darkness is actually smooth!

You're drunk.lol

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 16:52 Quote
Pretty sure you're not allowed. Think I saw signs saying passes will be revoked. Which passes I'm not sure.

On the other hand, if you did and did it after closing and were respectful about it, how would anyone know?

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 18:17 Quote
Sun2306 wrote:
I heard someone say you can ride up kadenwood>Kyushu Love and go down earth Circus even without a park pass. Is this allowed/possible? Have some friends this weekend and they prefer to earn their turns and don’t want to pay for a park pass. If this is possible I’m sure they’d enjoy it however.

Nobody I’ve asked so far know the answer so please help me!

This is not allowed.

Posted: Jul 24, 2018 at 18:33 Quote
Hmm. That’s too bad. I’ve seen ridelogs of people doing TOTW>Khyber> Kashmir > Kush then earth Circus. Is that allowed? How do other people know where the riders came from?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.028188
Mobile Version of Website