The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 17:55 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:
Nonsmoker wrote:
Well it's getting to be the average Joe cannot afford to go skiing there now, let's hope they don't do the same for the bike park.

Walk up day tickets are outrageous but season passes are cheaper now than they were before the Vail take over. Edge passes are in the same ball park. It's better now for local serious skiers than it's ever been.

My seasons pass for skiing is now cheaper than it was 10 years ago. Day skiers are massively subsidizing passholders

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:
Nonsmoker wrote:
Well it's getting to be the average Joe cannot afford to go skiing there now, let's hope they don't do the same for the bike park.

Walk up day tickets are outrageous but season passes are cheaper now than they were before the Vail take over. Edge passes are in the same ball park. It's better now for local serious skiers than it's ever been.

Day pass is insane. Who the f*ck wants to pay $150 for one day. At least the bike park is still affordable. For now.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 12:01 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
kingtut87 wrote:
Nonsmoker wrote:

Day pass is insane. Who the f*ck wants to pay $150 for one day. At least the bike park is still affordable. For now.

$178 + tax was the walk up rate over the holidays, not sure if it's dropped. 5-day early bird EDGE was $450ish taxes in... basically no point in skiing WB less than 5 days a season because of that.

As Lee pointed out, day ticket buyers are subsidizing pass holders and the ski experience has gotten better and cheaper for hardcore skiers.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 20:51 Quote
Any 2018 or 2019 Capra 29er size M or L owners in the Bellingham Washington, Vancouver BC, or Sea to Sky area that would let me sit on their bike for sizing purposes? I'd gladly buy you some beers for your help!

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 21:00 Quote
gramboh wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
kingtut87 wrote:

$178 + tax was the walk up rate over the holidays, not sure if it's dropped. 5-day early bird EDGE was $450ish taxes in... basically no point in skiing WB less than 5 days a season because of that.

As Lee pointed out, day ticket buyers are subsidizing pass holders and the ski experience has gotten better and cheaper for hardcore skiers.

Holy crap it just keeps going up. None of my concern though, I don't snowboard anymore. Bike all year round. Shuttling this weekend Smile

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024910
Mobile Version of Website