The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 20:51 Quote
Any 2018 or 2019 Capra 29er size M or L owners in the Bellingham Washington, Vancouver BC, or Sea to Sky area that would let me sit on their bike for sizing purposes? I'd gladly buy you some beers for your help!

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 21:00 Quote
gramboh wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
kingtut87 wrote:

Walk up day tickets are outrageous but season passes are cheaper now than they were before the Vail take over. Edge passes are in the same ball park. It's better now for local serious skiers than it's ever been.

Day pass is insane. Who the f*ck wants to pay $150 for one day. At least the bike park is still affordable. For now.

$178 + tax was the walk up rate over the holidays, not sure if it's dropped. 5-day early bird EDGE was $450ish taxes in... basically no point in skiing WB less than 5 days a season because of that.

As Lee pointed out, day ticket buyers are subsidizing pass holders and the ski experience has gotten better and cheaper for hardcore skiers.

Holy crap it just keeps going up. None of my concern though, I don't snowboard anymore. Bike all year round. Shuttling this weekend Smile

Posted: Jan 31, 2019 at 11:58 Quote
Do we have an opening date for 2019 yet?

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2019 at 13:30 Quote
tiredsoul wrote:

It's almost always the Friday of Victoria day long weekend, so I think may 17th

O+
Posted: Jan 31, 2019 at 20:20 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
tiredsoul wrote:

It's almost always the Friday of Victoria day long weekend, so I think may 17th

Yes this is always the opening day/weekend.

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 5:56 Quote
That’s what I thought. Just hadn’t heard it officially.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 19:19 Quote
tiredsoul wrote:

....all I know is it can’t come quick enough!

Posted: Feb 1, 2019 at 23:32 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
tiredsoul wrote:

....all I know is it can’t come quick enough!

Sleep now ride later.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2019 at 5:47 Quote
Opening day is all I think about it lol. I'm still riding every weekend but can't wait to get back on my DH bike.

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 18:56 Quote
does anyone know what benefits gives previous year season pass? i am 2018 season pass holder, maybe they will make me some discount for 2019 pass

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 19:09 Quote
Chuvak wrote:
does anyone know what benefits gives previous year season pass? i am 2018 season pass holder, maybe they will make me some discount for 2019 pass
I have never heard of any ever. In fact there is a lot of uncertainty of 2019 pass prices...thinking it will go up significantly with the vail ownership. Waiting to see.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 20:20 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
Chuvak wrote:
I have never heard of any ever. In fact there is a lot of uncertainty of 2019 pass prices...thinking it will go up significantly with the vail ownership. Waiting to see.

The trend seems to be a $20 increase every season. Considering how well Vail maintained the park last season and they're expanding with new trails, I don't mind the price increase. Plus it's open till 8 pm from opening day.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 20:40 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
chinaboy wrote:
Chuvak wrote:

The trend seems to be a $20 increase every season. Considering how well Vail maintained the park last season and they're expanding with new trails, I don't mind the price increase. Plus it's open till 8 pm from opening day.
Very good points, and I would agree. That 8pm is awesome! Stoked, can’t come soon enough!

Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 8:09 Quote
hi all, my friend and I want to visit Whistler in early 2020 and I wondered what time of year was best?
I don't even know when its open.. i've checked the website but it seems to vary for each trail

we mainly ride downhill and we'd need to hire bikes - I also need to make sure its not only the savage trails that are open because im not very comfortable with massive gaps etc yet

it would be nice if there was stuff to do when we're not riding as well

do you have any suggestions for time of year to visit? (ideally early in the year if its open)

thanks!

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/whistler-mountain-bike-park/explore-the-park/hours-of-operation.aspx

That has all the dates but basically; fitz zone (lower trails) always opens mid may, garbo+creekside a month or so after that depending on conditions, peak/top of the world another month after that again depending on conditions.
Fitz has the best trails but if you can wait til garbo is open in mid June or so, there's a ton more to ride too. Top of the world is neat but not a must. But in my opinion the best time is September only bad part is shorter days.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025462
Mobile Version of Website