The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
leelau wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
Garbo opens in mid June. There is still lots of tech to ride in fitz. It's just not as gnarly as the Garbo area.

I would argue that Tech Noir, French Connection and Rock City are among the toughest trails on the hill.

Lower Joyride can be good times too if you take the jank lines. But definitely agreed

And clown shoes, canadian open

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
imho4ep wrote:
leelau wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:

I would argue that Tech Noir, French Connection and Rock City are among the toughest trails on the hill.

Lower Joyride can be good times too if you take the jank lines. But definitely agreed

And clown shoes, canadian open

Clown shoes reminds me why I take my DH bike to the park Smile

O+
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 14:21 Quote
I havent been in a few years but isn't clown shoes just a load of north shore.... I mean there was some tech 2017 but I don't recall it being particularly hard

O+
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 15:16 Quote
Very little north shore these days, a few sections of wood work but all very wide. Some tech into a awkward rock roll corner then some easy wood work to the flow section with the drops then optional tech at the end.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 15:20 Quote
Yeah just watched a pov from last year not overly technical apart from the last tech bit which looks a bit gnar

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 19:28 Quote
Always enjoy a good Crack Addict run. That long ladder always seems to be greasy.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 19:37 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
Garbo opens in mid June. There is still lots of tech to ride in fitz. It's just not as gnarly as the Garbo area.

Oh ya for sure. But I'm referring to single blacks and "easy" double blacks. Tech noir and French connection are really advanced. No joke is only a single black but I find it's far more techy than the black fitz trails.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 20:45 Quote
Clown shoes isn't what it was IMO it's way more fun these days...that drop was nuts before the wheelchair ramp was put in...

O+
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 20:55 Quote
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:
Clown shoes isn't what it was IMO it's way more fun these days...that drop was nuts before the wheelchair ramp was put in...

That drop was f*cking terrifying before.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 21:42 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:

I'll second that !!!

O+
Posted: May 16, 2019 at 13:48 Quote
goytay wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:

I'll second that !!!

I know, I have a thing w/ Heights and couldn't even walk to the end of it without feeling really weird.

O+
Posted: May 16, 2019 at 21:33 Quote
manhattanprjkt83 wrote:
goytay wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

I'll second that !!!

I know, I have a thing w/ Heights and couldn't even walk to the end of it without feeling really weird.

I never hit it. Saw it and said nope. Never lol. I have to been back since they made it easier.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 15:17 Quote
How are the lineups? I wanna go tomorrow but not sure if it's worth it.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
How are the lineups? I wanna go tomorrow but not sure if it's worth it.
she’s busy today. Singles and regular line is lined up outside of the corrals to the steps. Trails are running great. Aline running fast. Dirty is closed, heard some tress are down on it not sure if it will open this weekend.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022197
Mobile Version of Website