The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 16:46 Quote
Anyone have any experience with bike storage through the Garbanzo Downhill Rental Store? I see it advertised on their website but they don't advertise the price... Also I'm hoping to find out what the service is like and how secure the bikes are? Do employees only have access to the bikes (my preference) or is it a room that anyone can enter?

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
theblerch wrote:
Anyone have any experience with bike storage through the Garbanzo Downhill Rental Store? I see it advertised on their website but they don't advertise the price... Also I'm hoping to find out what the service is like and how secure the bikes are? Do employees only have access to the bikes (my preference) or is it a room that anyone can enter?

I read that the storage is 15 cad a day.

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 20:09 Quote
I believe you can also drop it off while you go for lunch or whatever. It used to be 5 bucks back in the day. Dunno what it is now.

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 20:12 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
How are the lineups? I wanna go tomorrow but not sure if it's worth it.

Thing will be quieter tomorrow, i'll be there.

Posted: May 18, 2019 at 20:37 Quote
Today was ridiculous.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2019 at 21:03 Quote
I'm not sure what any of you expected re: lineups. It's always like this when the weather is nice. Every year,

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
she’s busy today. Singles and regular line is lined up outside of the corrals to the steps. Trails are running great. Aline running fast. Dirty is closed, heard some tress are down on it not sure if it will open this weekend.

There's 4 machines including a rock hammer working on the end of it to finish the upgrades from last year. It will not be opening this weekend but we are pulling out all the stops to get it ready as soon as possible!

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 9:13 Quote
nickel wrote:
chinaboy wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
she’s busy today. Singles and regular line is lined up outside of the corrals to the steps. Trails are running great. Aline running fast. Dirty is closed, heard some tress are down on it not sure if it will open this weekend.

There's 4 machines including a rock hammer working on the end of it to finish the upgrades from last year. It will not be opening this weekend but we are pulling out all the stops to get it ready as soon as possible!

Thanks for that! Excited to see what I will be riding around lol.

On another note...sad to see fat Tony’s closed!

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 10:29 Quote
ruttabaga will be the alternate line for those not comfortable with the new, bigger stuff on the bottom half of dirt merchant. Do not expect ride arounds on the bottom half of merchant.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
this weekend reminds me why I moved out to Pemberton, Whistler is a circus right now.

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
May long weekend and bike park opening, it's bound to be busy. Bike park was dead on Friday afternoon, apparently everyone only rides when the sun is out?

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
With less than 12 hours to go, what exactly is the early bird “bonus” that comes with a pass and can you get it with a ten day pass?

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 17:00 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
With less than 12 hours to go, what exactly is the early bird “bonus” that comes with a pass and can you get it with a ten day pass?

one extra day

O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 18:57 Quote
kingtut87 wrote:
May long weekend and bike park opening, it's bound to be busy. Bike park was dead on Friday afternoon, apparently everyone only rides when the sun is out?

Or they feel bad about wrecking trails. Not saying paying customers shouldn't be able to do whatever but Friday was really hard to watch.

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 20:07 Quote
nickel wrote:
kingtut87 wrote:

Or they feel bad about wrecking trails. Not saying paying customers shouldn't be able to do whatever but Friday was really hard to watch.

this

but what can you do?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018890
Mobile Version of Website