The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 12:29 Quote
Looking to check out Whistler valley trails for the first time on July 4th weekend. Hoping that it won't be too busy there.

I live in Seattle and usually ride Tiger and sometimes Chuckanut. Any recommendation on similar trails at Whistler that I should check out? I am pretty comfortable with single blacks around here but I usually approach double blacks with caution, although Predator and Mega at Tiger are fine.

I usually prefer the long climb up then down but also up to check out anything new.

Thank you!

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 13:30 Quote
if anyone wants to check out Trespasser in the next couple weeks hit me up.

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 17:05 Quote
Anyone know if the 3 lap sampler ticket lets you upload any lift? I.e. can I upload Creekside + 2x Garbos or Village Gondola then 2 Garbos? Tried customer service but got someone new that didn't have a clue.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 20:00 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Anyone know if the 3 lap sampler ticket lets you upload any lift? I.e. can I upload Creekside + 2x Garbos or Village Gondola then 2 Garbos? Tried customer service but got someone new that didn't have a clue.

Thanks

Im not sure, you used to be able to do that.

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 20:07 Quote
gramboh wrote:

Thanks

I believe it’s fitz and Gondi only no Garbo

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 21:03 Quote
gramboh wrote:

Thanks

My wife gets the 3 lap and yes it's 3 laps on any lift. So you could do 1 fitz and 2 Garbo if you like. However, in the past opening weekend for Garbo they didn't even have the scanner setup. You could lap it all day on the 3 lap pass.

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 7:41 Quote
passaree wrote:
Looking to check out Whistler valley trails for the first time on July 4th weekend. Hoping that it won't be too busy there.

I live in Seattle and usually ride Tiger and sometimes Chuckanut. Any recommendation on similar trails at Whistler that I should check out? I am pretty comfortable with single blacks around here but I usually approach double blacks with caution, although Predator and Mega at Tiger are fine.

I usually prefer the long climb up then down but also up to check out anything new.

Thank you!

Tiger comparables would be harder blues. The blacks will be more technical in the sense that there are no easier rest spots between the hard sections. Whis trails usually have roots rocks ups and downs coming at you constantly.

For a longish climb up then a harder than Tiger down go to the Blackcomb side. Do Microclimate and Hey Bud. They'll be harder than Tiger but are easiest on that side.

Alternative is Howler which is also harder than Tiger.

Tiger comparable trails would be HiHi, HiSide, Tunnel Vision, Danimal for eg

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 13:57 Quote
Cheapest way to get from Vancouver airport to Whistler? Anyone? Much appreciated!

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
[Quote="BornOnTwo"]Cheapest way to get from Vancouver airport to Whistler? Anyone? Much appreciated!
Pop a ride would be the cheapest if anyone is doing the same trip.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 18:58 Quote
Garbo opening. Can't sleep!

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 19:56 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Garbo opening. Can't sleep!

Yep I hear ya!!

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 22:02 Quote
[Quote="Haddow-B"]
BornOnTwo wrote:
Cheapest way to get from Vancouver airport to Whistler? Anyone? Much appreciated!

Epic rides! You have to take a Skytrain to Burrard station but makes the ride like $35 in total.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 0:27 Quote
Am I remembering wrong or did Tippie make a video where he measured a bunch of Whistler's iconic features to show the sizes of the jumps etc.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 5:12 Quote
[Quote="TheSpangler"]
Haddow-B wrote:
BornOnTwo wrote:

Epic rides! You have to take a Skytrain to Burrard station but makes the ride like $35 in total.

Thank you bud!! Just looked it up, that is way cheaper then the other option!!! Big Grin

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 15:53 Quote
Conditions are of passable quality

Views: 192    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Views: 236    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026933
Mobile Version of Website