The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 17:35 Quote
Nice Lee!

How's Garbo running? Delayed Fuse? Gonna be up next weekend first time this year... trail bike only.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 17:50 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Nice Lee!

How's Garbo running? Delayed Fuse? Gonna be up next weekend first time this year... trail bike only.

Delayed Fuse has had beautiful touchups and also reloamed. Wonderful. Garbo Chair broke down towards end of day so check on that. However Creekside zone alone has enough for a whole day and with adding Elixir that's even more so. I believe Midgard/MissFire are delayed in opening

I would say that the Fitz Zone has a noticeable degree of weekender (citiot??) brotardness. Examples; someone riding the tails of a group of slower older riders on Heart of Darkness. Someone else telling a slower rider who stopped off to the side of the trail (well clear of the trail I might add) on Dirt Merchant/Rutabaga "You don't belong here. You shouldn't be here". Slower rider actually pulled over to let the faster group pass. It's the usual story every season I suppose

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
That was a terrible Garbo opening day. So many trail closures. Then to top it off the chair broke down around 12 pm. I parked at Creekside and had to pedal my DH rig from the village to creekside. The staff's only response when I asked how am I supposed to get to my truck from the village, "sorry nothing we can do."

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
They could have at least told you about the bus...

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:54 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
That was a terrible Garbo opening day. So many trail closures. Then to top it off the chair broke down around 12 pm. I parked at Creekside and had to pedal my DH rig from the village to creekside. The staff's only response when I asked how am I supposed to get to my truck from the village, "sorry nothing we can do."
. No gondola to the top yet?

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 12:55 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
. No gondola to the top yet?

No they said too much snow

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 20:51 Quote
hey guys!
i got the seasons pass for the park and i purchased it before may 19th which means that I get an extra day pass until june 21st. as I do not need that one of you can have that day pass for a beer.

you'd need to meet me at the ticket office and go and get the ticket with me (and do the paper stuff and so on).

post here or send me a dm.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 3:51 Quote
leelau wrote:
gramboh wrote:
Nice Lee!

Delayed Fuse has had beautiful touchups and also reloamed. Wonderful. Garbo Chair broke down towards end of day so check on that. However Creekside zone alone has enough for a whole day and with adding Elixir that's even more so. I believe Midgard/MissFire are delayed in opening

I would say that the Fitz Zone has a noticeable degree of weekender (citiot??) brotardness. Examples; someone riding the tails of a group of slower older riders on Heart of Darkness. Someone else telling a slower rider who stopped off to the side of the trail (well clear of the trail I might add) on Dirt Merchant/Rutabaga "You don't belong here. You shouldn't be here". Slower rider actually pulled over to let the faster group pass. It's the usual story every season I suppose

did Midgard open at al last year , anyone ridden it ??

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 16:35 Quote
Demo8AUT wrote:
hey guys!
i got the seasons pass for the park and i purchased it before may 19th which means that I get an extra day pass until june 21st. as I do not need that one of you can have that day pass for a beer.

you'd need to meet me at the ticket office and go and get the ticket with me (and do the paper stuff and so on).

post here or send me a dm.

Send you a message!

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 0:02 Quote
Where in the park can you get water to drink?

Is there water fountains at each lift point?

I'm trying to avoid wearing a bag/camelbak...

Thanks

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 0:11 Quote
gpmcg wrote:

Thanks

Water fountain at bottom of Fitz chair in the line up, at the ski school building by start of A Line/GMC pump track, in bathroom of Whistler Village Gondola mid station, at top of Creekside/bottom Red chair and of course in Roundhouse at top of Village Gondola. Only place you really miss it is top of Garbo on hot August days, gotta remember to take a gulp at the ski school one before uploading on those days. Def no need to carry water in the park.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 0:15 Quote
gramboh wrote:
gpmcg wrote:

Thanks

Water fountain at bottom of Fitz chair in the line up, at the ski school building by start of A Line/GMC pump track, in bathroom of Whistler Village Gondola mid station, at top of Creekside/bottom Red chair and of course in Roundhouse at top of Village Gondola. Only place you really miss it is top of Garbo on hot August days, gotta remember to take a gulp at the ski school one before uploading on those days. Def no need to carry water in the park.

Rad! Thanks for the detailed reply. I'll be screenshotting that so I dont forget Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 5:17 Quote
for water at bottom of creekside, you need to go on the patio of dusty's.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
Hey nickel, any chance of upper No Joke this weekend? I see it's closed on the website, guessing winter damage or rebuild? One of my faves. Cheers dude.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Hey nickel, any chance of upper No Joke this weekend? I see it's closed on the website, guessing winter damage or rebuild? One of my faves. Cheers dude.

One section closed, the section with the roller coaster bridge. A tree fell a few days ago and took out a bridge. The rest of the trail is open.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019612
Mobile Version of Website