The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 5:17 Quote
for water at bottom of creekside, you need to go on the patio of dusty's.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
Hey nickel, any chance of upper No Joke this weekend? I see it's closed on the website, guessing winter damage or rebuild? One of my faves. Cheers dude.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 10:20 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Hey nickel, any chance of upper No Joke this weekend? I see it's closed on the website, guessing winter damage or rebuild? One of my faves. Cheers dude.

One section closed, the section with the roller coaster bridge. A tree fell a few days ago and took out a bridge. The rest of the trail is open.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 21:26 Quote
nickel wrote:
gramboh wrote:

One section closed, the section with the roller coaster bridge. A tree fell a few days ago and took out a bridge. The rest of the trail is open.

any idea when this part of no joke is going to open again?

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 23:13 Quote
hey yall, any one have any info on that race trail they were talking about building in creekside?

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 9:20 Quote
gclarida wrote:
hey yall, any one have any info on that race trail they were talking about building in creekside?

I think nickel has mentioned recently that it's still early days on that project. I think the PB article last year mentioned they had flagged it all and started some work but it sounded like a 2020 thing at the earliest? Hope to see WCDH racing in Whistler, would be so damn cool.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
Long term. Make sure to let WB know how much you want it tup

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
out to whistler in a few days , and been checking trail map , seems loads of new stuff over on creekside , Midgard , elixir ,misfire , and lower ride don't slide , is this stuff open now ?? last year Midgard never opened when I was there

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
midguard misfire and elixir are all open. Lower RDS was accessible via southpark all last season.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
nickel wrote:
midguard misfire and elixir are all open. Lower RDS was accessible via southpark all last season.

cheers , guess I never caught the entrance to lower RDS , did ride "shomer shabbos " which is not on trail guide but great bit of trail

how do you enter Midgard etc if peak not open ??

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
go left at the highway 86 bridge. entrance is just the other side of the creek.

shomer shabos is in fact the very end of lower rds. you can access lower rds from a fair ways further up though, there are 2 places. one after a long strait, another after that at top of cirque du soil.

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
nickel wrote:
go left at the highway 86 bridge. entrance is just the other side of the creek.

shomer shabos is in fact the very end of lower rds. you can access lower rds from a fair ways further up though, there are 2 places. one after a long strait, another after that at top of cirque du soil.

many thanks , spent loads of time on creekside last year and loved all the trails will be great to explore some more , am guessing the top part of RDS will be a bit wet yet , hoping to explore the older higher trails this year

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 19:32 Quote
Anybody ride misfire? Probably my favourite trail in the park. Loamy and super steep in some sections. Felt like a shore loam trail. Get it now before it becomes packed down!

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 22:00 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Anybody ride misfire? Probably my favourite trail in the park. Loamy and super steep in some sections. Felt like a shore loam trail. Get it now before it becomes packed down!
thanks for the tip! Saw them working on it under the gondola the other day if that’s the trail. Looks wicked! Will hit it later this week.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 0:32 Quote
Misfire is f*cking awesome, what a treat to ride it fresh, got super lucky with timing. Sick trail and so fun with the grip and soft dirt now can just hammer it. Great to see steeps and not just bench cut too. Hats off to Gravity Logic on the build. For those that were whining for more single track tech (i.e. me), Misfire to Delayed Fuse delivers.

I was also lucky to be there for the preview opening on Delayed Fuse a few years ago, reminds me of that. Get out and ride it ASAP.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021008
Mobile Version of Website