The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Author Message
Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 2:44 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Misfire is f*cking awesome, what a treat to ride it fresh, got super lucky with timing. Sick trail and so fun with the grip and soft dirt now can just hammer it. Great to see steeps and not just bench cut too. Hats off to Gravity Logic on the build. For those that were whining for more single track tech (i.e. me), Misfire to Delayed Fuse delivers.

I was also lucky to be there for the preview opening on Delayed Fuse a few years ago, reminds me of that. Get out and ride it ASAP.

Delayed fuse has held up well even though it's not loamy anymore. I hope misfire is the same. I'm in love, rode it 3 times. It almost seems like you're on a completely different mountain in a different location. I hope we get more single track in the future. I noticed another trail being made that connects to misfire. looks like flow. Interested to see what that becomes.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Misfire is f*cking awesome, what a treat to ride it fresh, got super lucky with timing. Sick trail and so fun with the grip and soft dirt now can just hammer it. Great to see steeps and not just bench cut too. Hats off to Gravity Logic on the build. For those that were whining for more single track tech (i.e. me), Misfire to Delayed Fuse delivers.

I was also lucky to be there for the preview opening on Delayed Fuse a few years ago, reminds me of that. Get out and ride it ASAP.

sounds amazing , out on Saturday so this will be my first stop Saturday afternoon !!!!!

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 21:13 Quote
daanwalet wrote:
I had a blast guys! It's been less than 24 hours since my last run and I'm already feeling homesick. :o I'm definitely coming back. I can also definitely recommend for beginners to take the group lessons. The techniques required are just so different than my cross country skills. Thanks to my instructor I got much better at cornering, braking, drops and jumps. In my last run (after three half days) I even cleared all the jumps in C-More. What a feeling! Big Grin I hope I can take some of these skills home. Smile
Which group lesson did you take? Heading to Vancouver in July and wanted to do a day trip to Whistler.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 19:05 Quote
miss fire is awesome, rode it this afternoon and it feels great. fresh loam, flowy, some steep parts. awesome! gonna ride it again tomorrow.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 0:19 Quote
Does anyone know anything about a trail called renegade? Double black tech. Rode it by accident. I don't even know how we ended up on the trail. It was a lot of fun! I want to ride it again but forgot how to get there. Its not on the trail map.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 0:36 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Does anyone know anything about a trail called renegade? Double black tech. Rode it by accident. I don't even know how we ended up on the trail. It was a lot of fun! I want to ride it again but forgot how to get there. Its not on the trail map.
isn’t it off of duffman or Mackenzie trail?

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 5:15 Quote
it's off duffman just below where no duff and McKenzie river come in.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
I think accidentally ending up on Renegade is like a right of passage in the park. Super easy to end up on, really hard to find again.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
Now that we're openly talking about Renegade don't do it if its wet. It will be hard to even walk down some of the sections. Even too dry is better than a bit wet

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 9:09 Quote
I dunno... I think duffman and renegade were both easier last year when I was out here in the rain vs how dry it’s been the last week!

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 5:45 Quote
Question to all the regulars at Whistler Bike Park:

After my visit to the bike park I started following #whistlerbikeprk on Instagram and there seem to be a lot of riders who ride the park on a weekly basis, or more. My question: how do you do it? I've been having these thoughts about (temporarily, for a couple of years) moving to BC, in the Whistler area. But Vancouver seems too expensive, like 75% of your pay check would go to rent. And that's 2 hours away, so you won't be able to do evening laps after work. So you'd end up in either Squamish, which is also expensive, plus there's not a lot of rental properties (residential that is). Or Pemberton, which seems ideal, but it's very small, so again, not a lot of rental properties.

Sorry about the slightly off topic question. I was just wondering how to ride the bike park more, after I've got my taste. The Netherlands seems even more flat and crowded than before I left for 3 weeks in Canada.

Newrider28 wrote:
Which group lesson did you take? Heading to Vancouver in July and wanted to do a day trip to Whistler.

I took the daily group lessons. You'll probably be able to ride your own pace that way. Smile And learn something. Don't forget: book 2 days, get a 3rd for free. Big Grin

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
I've wondered that too. I lived in van for a few years and getting to Whistler on weekends was a traffic nightmare. And that was also when gas was 30% cheaper than it is now. I went a few times and just gave up and mainly rode the shore and Squamish. (poor me!) I think there's a lot of financially set folks living in Whistler, while others are transient. They'll do the bike park life for a few years and split accommodations with friends, work odd jobs, but not for very long. That's my theory anyways.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 8:19 Quote
daanwalet wrote:
Question to all the regulars at Whistler Bike Park:

After my visit to the bike park I started following #whistlerbikeprk on Instagram and there seem to be a lot of riders who ride the park on a weekly basis, or more. My question: how do you do it? I've been having these thoughts about (temporarily, for a couple of years) moving to BC, in the Whistler area. But Vancouver seems too expensive, like 75% of your pay check would go to rent. And that's 2 hours away, so you won't be able to do evening laps after work. So you'd end up in either Squamish, which is also expensive, plus there's not a lot of rental properties (residential that is). Or Pemberton, which seems ideal, but it's very small, so again, not a lot of rental properties.

Sorry about the slightly off topic question. I was just wondering how to ride the bike park more, after I've got my taste. The Netherlands seems even more flat and crowded than before I left for 3 weeks in Canada.Big Grin

Got the whistler fever hey? Haha! My friends from Vancouver often use rideshare apps so they can either get a ride or drive other people up and share the cost of gas. Or as you said live in whistler/Squamish/pemberton and pay lots for rent. Rentals can be found but expensive. Maybe you can find a job with the whistler mountain and they offer staff accommodations for cheaper. I think it’s shared rooms on Blackcomb for $650 a month.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
Live in Whistler/Pemby, make sacrifices, work on the hill, be poor and ride a metric sh!t ton. It's hard, but not rocket science. Priorities.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
nickel wrote:
it's off duffman just below where no duff and McKenzie river come in.

That little corner of the park over there is where my favorite trails are, seems to always be lower traffic and in good shape...


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.015622
Mobile Version of Website