The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 18:56 Quote
Hey,
Has anyone stayed at the Aspens?, just wondering about bike lock up there?

Thx

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 19:07 Quote
goytay wrote:
Hey,

Thx
Just stayed there, bike lock up is decent but you can’t get into the cage after 10pm which if you plan on having a few beers after riding is an issue. Bring a few solid locks to be safe tho as it’s merely a cage in the underground parking lot.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 19:20 Quote
dirtpedaler wrote:
nickel wrote:
Uhhhh not sure where you've been but the concrete and armor has been on the a-line rock drop for like 4 or 5 years or something.

I guess it's been that long since I've stopped there!

Thus illustrating the point that it's not a big deal yeah?

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 20:34 Quote
Stainer wrote:
However if you're going to do more laps you should probably just pay the extra few dollars for the full lift ticket.

More than a few dollars, it's close to twice the price. But yeah for laps all day, for sure. I'm just talking about a few laps at the end of a day.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 21:13 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Stainer wrote:
However if you're going to do more laps you should probably just pay the extra few dollars for the full lift ticket.

More than a few dollars, it's close to twice the price. But yeah for laps all day, for sure. I'm just talking about a few laps at the end of a day.

Or you could support the resort that continues to pump out an awesome product rather than cheat the system to save a few bucks. Plenty of other places you could go ride for free.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 22:26 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
freerider11 wrote:
Stainer wrote:

Or you could support the resort that continues to pump out an awesome product rather than cheat the system to save a few bucks. Plenty of other places you could go ride for free.

So pay more for getting less? He just said he doesnt have time, why pay full price for a short amount of time? lol I agree with the bamboozling

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 5:29 Quote
adamlaycock wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:

So pay more for getting less? He just said he doesnt have time, why pay full price for a short amount of time? lol I agree with the bamboozling

Exactly. I already said if I plan to do laps all day, for sure I'd buy a full ticket. I'm talking about a few laps for an hour or 2 at the end of a day. $70+ for this is a waste of money. Not cheating the system, just trying to maximize the riding that the (much) cheaper 3 lap pass can get me. Don't worry I do my part to support the resort, have spent thousands there over the years. Typically there for a few weeks every year and buy a seasons pass. I'm only there for 8 days this year and plan to do most of my riding outside of the park but still want to get a few laps in at the end of a day of riding elsewhere. Make sense now?

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 5:43 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
adamlaycock wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:

Exactly. I already said if I plan to do laps all day, for sure I'd buy a full ticket. I'm talking about a few laps for an hour or 2 at the end of a day. $70+ for this is a waste of money. Not cheating the system, just trying to maximize the riding that the (much) cheaper 3 lap pass can get me. Don't worry I do my part to support the resort, have spent thousands there over the years. Typically there for a few weeks every year and buy a seasons pass. I'm only there for 8 days this year and plan to do most of my riding outside of the park but still want to get a few laps in at the end of a day of riding elsewhere. Make sense now?

It’s just a question of ethics and everyone’s values are different, clearly. If you have to justify your decision to ‘bamboozle’ after asking about how to avoid paying more (for more riding than paid for), it’s likely unethical and you sorta know it.

Evening pass is also a reasonable option.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 5:56 Quote
CanadaDiscGolf wrote:
It’s just a question of ethics and everyone’s values are different, clearly. If you have to justify your decision to ‘bamboozle’ after asking about how to avoid paying more (for more riding than paid for), it’s likely unethical and you sorta know it.

Man, some of you guys are brutal sometimes. I didn't say anything about bamboozling, or cheating the system, or not supporting the resort, or whatever else you want to call it. Just asking about how much riding I can get in for the much cheaper $38 sampler ticket when I only have an hour or 2. I'm not paying $71 to ride for an hour. I'm sure the resort will do just fine without my extra $33. Geez...

And yes, evening pass is also an option, but still more $ than the sampler if I'm only doing a few laps anyways.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 6:10 Quote
3 lap pass is good for 3 scans regardless of lift. walking around an rfid gate qualifies as bamboozling.

do whatever you want but don't get butthurt when someone calls you out on it.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
Yeah, got it. Thanks for clarifying...

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
nickel wrote:
dirtpedaler wrote:
nickel wrote:
Uhhhh not sure where you've been but the concrete and armor has been on the a-line rock drop for like 4 or 5 years or something.

I guess it's been that long since I've stopped there!

Thus illustrating the point that it's not a big deal yeah?

The rain has it all washed off and looking nice. Beautiful work for sure and appreciate the attention to detail. Wished my patio at home looked that nice.

Sorry the dirt work at the bottom of Drop in clinic didn't survive the rain.

Setting up for some epicness thanks to all the work getting done. Taking it to whole new level trail crew!
Cheers

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 18:24 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
CanadaDiscGolf wrote:

Man, some of you guys are brutal sometimes. I didn't say anything about bamboozling, or cheating the system, or not supporting the resort, or whatever else you want to call it. Just asking about how much riding I can get in for the much cheaper $38 sampler ticket when I only have an hour or 2. I'm not paying $71 to ride for an hour. I'm sure the resort will do just fine without my extra $33. Geez...

And yes, evening pass is also an option, but still more $ than the sampler if I'm only doing a few laps anyways.

You don't have to explain yourself to anyone. Do what you want to do.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 22:40 Quote
tricyclerider wrote:
goytay wrote:
Hey,

Thx
Just stayed there, bike lock up is decent but you can’t get into the cage after 10pm which if you plan on having a few beers after riding is an issue. Bring a few solid locks to be safe tho as it’s merely a cage in the underground parking lot.

Wouldn't trust any halfway decent bike in a parkade storage cage. There are so many thefts every summer from thieves who cut their way into those and any bike lock can easily be cut in minutes with the right tools. Staff only valet (i.e. Aava, Fairmont Blackcomb etc.) or bring the bike into your room. If they give you shit, go back to the parkade, take your wheels off and carry the frame/wheels in separately and claim it's the same as any other luggage (avoid lobby if you can).

Hotels need to clue in that parkade guest access storage where they hold no responsibility for theft is not an acceptable solution when bikes cost $5-10k and you are charging $200-500 a night for a room. f*ck that.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020614
Mobile Version of Website