The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
Yea im torn on this, I want to be cool, but i can't afford to replace my bikes.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 9:02 Quote
Just go in a side door and bypass the front desk. I've put my bike in a dozen hotel rooms that you arent suppose too. It's not hard.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 22:25 Quote
joe1989 wrote:
Just go in a side door and bypass the front desk. I've put my bike in a dozen hotel rooms that you arent suppose too. It's not hard.

Yea i'll be sneaky.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 22:54 Quote
Most hotels in town have a parkade, or parkade access, go in from there, take the elevator to your room, and never once go thru the lobby! AND actually, most hotel in town actually understand that your bikes are worth money, if you bring it in, clean, and you keep it off the floor (Ie lift it up in your arms) they can see you don't want to get the place dirty, so they let you bring your bikes to your room. (Don't expect that from fairmont tho hahahaha) BTW, My buddy and I would always stay at Alpenglow, "cheap-ish" if you book in advance, and they don't care if you bring your bikes in! That was a couple years ago tho.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
Most hotels in town have a parkade, or parkade access, go in from there, take the elevator to your room, and never once go thru the lobby! AND actually, most hotel in town actually understand that your bikes are worth money, if you bring it in, clean, and you keep it off the floor (Ie lift it up in your arms) they can see you don't want to get the place dirty, so they let you bring your bikes to your room. (Don't expect that from fairmont tho hahahaha) BTW, My buddy and I would always stay at Alpenglow, "cheap-ish" if you book in advance, and they don't care if you bring your bikes in! That was a couple years ago tho.

This works until the hotel staff gets in the elevator with you lol. But the girl working there was cool. She just told me don't let the manager see.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
The four season actually asked me to keep my bike in the room as it was too good to be kept in the valet room !!

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 17:52 Quote
Aline got some love today! Running like butter! Tech section is like a freeway!! It’s flat! Hopefully it will last a bit!

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 22:02 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
Aline got some love today! Running like butter! Tech section is like a freeway!! It’s flat! Hopefully it will last a bit!

They smoothed out the tech section?!? I hope they didn't. I love that part.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 0:06 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
chinaboy wrote:

Yeah....like I mean super flat! The deep trough down the middle is gone. Looks like it was just filled in so give it time I’m sure it’s gonna be back to the same. Filled in all the braking bumps after the tech section too so that was super nice.

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 7:54 Quote
Tbh that tech section was like that 10+years ago so imo its just being returned to natural. You're right too. It'll be the same in no time.

Totw also getting worked on. Beautiful tuneups

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 17:57 Quote
chinaboy wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
chinaboy wrote:

Yeah....like I mean super flat! The deep trough down the middle is gone. Looks like it was just filled in so give it time I’m sure it’s gonna be back to the same. Filled in all the braking bumps after the tech section too so that was super nice.

Boooooo. But I prefer tech over flow. That was my favourite part of A line

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 18:31 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
chinaboy wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

With all due respect, I struggle with comments like this. It makes me wonder what people's perception is of trail wear and (de)volution. If left alone, it would become an unrideable trough. we've filled it in many many times over the years and it doesn't even stop the rot, just slows it. It's an essential part of maintaining the busiest bike park in the world and prevents things from degrading past a point of no return. Usually people change their minds within a week or two, like when schleyer got the full caping top to bottom 5 or 6 years ago. Folks get the pitchforks out and then calm down 2 weeks later.

Anyways, I'm sorry your favorite clapped out trough full of holes got maintenance. I hope you can get over it. If not I'm sure it'll be rough as guts again sometime between now and cwerx.

/rant

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 18:55 Quote
nickel wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
chinaboy wrote:

With all due respect, I struggle with comments like this. It makes me wonder what people's perception is of trail wear and (de)volution. If left alone, it would become an unrideable trough. we've filled it in many many times over the years and it doesn't even stop the rot, just slows it. It's an essential part of maintaining the busiest bike park in the world and prevents things from degrading past a point of no return. Usually people change their minds within a week or two, like when schleyer got the full caping top to bottom 5 or 6 years ago. Folks get the pitchforks out and then calm down 2 weeks later.

Anyways, I'm sorry your favorite clapped out trough full of holes got maintenance. I hope you can get over it. If not I'm sure it'll be rough as guts again sometime between now and cwerx.

/rant
lol, so true! Can’t please everyone! But who cares...Smile I’m lovin all the trail work! You guys are killin it with all the work going on. Most I’ve ever seen at whistler....and I’ve been there when the dinosaurs were roaming. What’s going on with the container on freight train? Ride up bar/tiki lounge maybe?. Haha

Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 22:09 Quote
nickel wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
chinaboy wrote:

/rant

You completely misunderstood my comments. Calm down. I meant them as in I prefer the way it was. I understand it needs to be maintained. I "wish" it could stay the way it was but I understand it can't. I'm sorry I offended you.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 1:25 Quote
struck a nerve to be sure although offended might be missing the mark. There's definitely a vocal group who speak out against trail work under the pretext that it's somehow dumbing things down, regardless whether or not you might be of that mindset and i find it difficult understand is all.

The new container on freight train is going to be the extra-extended play after-hours night club. party from 8pm to 10am. sleep later Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016294
Mobile Version of Website