The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
chinaboy wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

They smoothed out the tech section?!? I hope they didn't. I love that part.

Yeah....like I mean super flat! The deep trough down the middle is gone. Looks like it was just filled in so give it time I’m sure it’s gonna be back to the same. Filled in all the braking bumps after the tech section too so that was super nice.

Boooooo. But I prefer tech over flow. That was my favourite part of A line
\

Sometimes its best to keep you mouth shut. That part was in need of some TLC.

Hopefully if you are complaining like this you put in your fair share of trail maintenance.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
Dunno why anyone would complain about filling in the A-line tech section trench? The point of A-Line is jumps and speed, if things are buffed out just ride faster. It's not like they are cutting all the roots out of In Deep or something.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
bitchfest in here haha....you guys need girlfriends lol

just messing Big Grin

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 20:29 Quote
I dunno, the brake bumps through that section yesterday were already pretty tech...

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 6:43 Quote
Can anyone recommend some suitable blue or black wet weather riding trails in the Whistler valley (non park)?

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
imho4ep wrote:
Can anyone recommend some suitable blue or black wet weather riding trails in the Whistler valley (non park)?
See Colours > Highside > Hihi

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 8:13 Quote
imho4ep wrote:

Also Howler via climb from Alpine

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
imho4ep wrote:

did howler and a river runs through it a couple of Saturdays ago in the poring rain , both were great fun , also golden boner on Blackcomb is fun in the rain

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 9:23 Quote
Sun2306 wrote:
imho4ep wrote:
See Colours > Highside > Hihi
IBT/AMPM, and Hind Sight too

I'd also throw in Billy Epic as a great wet weather trail

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 13:45 Quote
Ok Howler sounds good, maybe some of the other ones suggested too, time permitting. Thanks everybody.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 14:02 Quote
Are the Sproatt alpine trails actually open? RMOW reports/status on Trailforks seem to say so but thought I’d ask with the rain today.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 14:27 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Are the Sproatt alpine trails actually open? RMOW reports/status on Trailforks seem to say so but thought I’d ask with the rain today.

I noticed that too. Appears to be open? LOTS and mystic are green circles now, which I'd assume means good to go?

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Dunno why anyone would complain about filling in the A-line tech section trench? The point of A-Line is jumps and speed, if things are buffed out just ride faster. It's not like they are cutting all the roots out of In Deep or something.

THANK YOU! If you want to ride tech, go ride Canadian open or detroit rock city, in deep, anything else that what is referred to as a jump trail.....

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
Hi!

Does anyone got a spare chain tensioner spring for a Zerode Taniwha around Whistler? Mine broke and the replacement part is stuck in customs/ lost by UPS.

Thanks and Cheers,
Sebastian

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014398
Mobile Version of Website