The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
leelau wrote:
Sun2306 wrote:
gramboh wrote:
On the EWS front, has Line of Control dried out? Poor trail is going to be completely smashed especially if any rain comes for the race.
It has dried out. It will still be smashed anyways. I'm surprised the builder let them run it (or did they not have a choice? Can WB just force them to use it?)

It's a WB-funded and built trail. It was a fun fun loamer when it first went in. But all things change
oh i thought it was a haggerty trail

It definitely won't be loamy anymore but it will still be fun

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 16:14 Quote
Sun2306 wrote:
leelau wrote:
Sun2306 wrote:

It has dried out. It will still be smashed anyways. I'm surprised the builder let them run it (or did they not have a choice? Can WB just force them to use it?)

It's a WB-funded and built trail. It was a fun fun loamer when it first went in. But all things change

Tim did build it, for WB.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
photo
sup boys, super random post here, but im just wondering if any of u dudes remember south of heaven, and im just wondering what happend to it? back in 2009 some of the dudes i rode with would ride that trail and they'd rave about how that was the gnarliest trail on the mountain. i never rode it because i was 14 and a big ole' puss at the time.

anyways, im not looking to ride it or w.e. im just wondering why the trail crew never made it into a genuine trail, if its completely demolished, or if its just all overgrown to hell? if you know what im talking about cool, if not cool, im not gonna give away the old entrance of south of heaven for obvious reasons, but if you know that the entrance has moved, and that people actually ride it regularly still, maybe gimme a heads up in a private msg?? i wont ride it, i swear, im just ultra curious. im too worried about falling and needing bike patrol to get me in an off limit trail, and getting banned for life. so i guess im still a big ole'puss.

i know this is random, but i was looking at some old photos from a decade ago and realized that i used to constantly hear my friends talk about how dope south of heaven is, and then all of the south of heaven talk slowly dried up.

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 20:03 Quote
CarrotCorn wrote:
photo
sup boys, super random post here, but im just wondering if any of u dudes remember south of heaven, and im just wondering what happend to it? back in 2009 some of the dudes i rode with would ride that trail and they'd rave about how that was the gnarliest trail on the mountain. i never rode it because i was 14 and a big ole' puss at the time.

anyways, im not looking to ride it or w.e. im just wondering why the trail crew never made it into a genuine trail, if its completely demolished, or if its just all overgrown to hell? if you know what im talking about cool, if not cool, im not gonna give away the old entrance of south of heaven for obvious reasons, but if you know that the entrance has moved, and that people actually ride it regularly still, maybe gimme a heads up in a private msg?? i wont ride it, i swear, im just ultra curious. im too worried about falling and needing bike patrol to get me in an off limit trail, and getting banned for life. so i guess im still a big ole'puss.

i know this is random, but i was looking at some old photos from a decade ago and realized that i used to constantly hear my friends talk about how dope south of heaven is, and then all of the south of heaven talk slowly dried up.
it isn't on trail forks for sure! haha

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 20:24 Quote
good lord why can't people keep this stuff to themselves. see first and second rule of fight Club and delete your post.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
Still there, still ridden, not overgrown and not that gnarly.

Don’t tell people about it and it will probably stay that way.

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 6:35 Quote
nickel wrote:
good lord why can't people keep this stuff to themselves. see first and second rule of fight Club and delete your post.

lol this is why we can't have nice things.

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
CarrotCorn wrote:
photo

Dude take this down.

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 19:51 Quote
For a quick day trip outside the park for some pvt guiding/skills, does anyone have a preference between arbutus routes and zep?
I really enjoyed Zep inside whistler last year, but they are 2x arubutus routes prices for guided trips on trail.
Anyone else you all rec? I'm planning to go with zep for some skills inside the park some days too.
Thanks
-J

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 22:49 Quote
flipfantasia wrote:
Sun2306 wrote:
leelau wrote:

Tim did build it, for WB.

Cool to know this piece of info, didn't realize WB funded but makes sense given new build in their CRA thanks flip. Good luck to those racing tomorrow.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 23:13 Quote
Best time to buy a bike?

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
RandoBrando wrote:
Best time to buy a bike?

Sept October. Most desperate sellers

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
RandoBrando wrote:
Best time to buy a bike?

These days... just after your kidney sells on ebay.

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 16:59 Quote
leelau wrote:
RandoBrando wrote:
Best time to buy a bike?

Sept October. Most desperate sellers

Thank you.

Posted: Aug 10, 2019 at 16:59 Quote
Any of you guys live in the bush. Like no fixed address?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019574
Mobile Version of Website